Yield data on cell phone circuit boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bswartzwelder

Many people on this forum are interested in escrap. Yet, I don't remember seeing any posts which tell the yields. I know that with different boards (computer motherboards versus add on boards versus cell phone boards) there most likely would be a wide range of values which could be recovered. I have 6 to 10 five gallon buckets of circuit boards from cell phones. I am waiting for the weather to get warmer so I can work on depopulating them outside. Has anyone done a recovery process on cell phone boards where they can tell me approximately how much gold can be recovered from say 10 pounds of boards? I had one person tell me that motherboards had a much higher amout of gold than cell phone boards, but from what I've seen, I would tend to disagree with that.

Lazersteve's forum search yields this:

http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=15984&start=60

The bottom post - yields and the values. It's quoted in several other search results.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back