• Refining Palladium concentrates.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is no proof of anything.
What did you use for dissolving the "Stone"?
AR?
How did you use the AR?
Do you know how pregnant Pd looks like in a Stannous test?

Please describe your process in more detail.
If you have pictures it would be nice.

Attachments

• ۲۰۲۳۱۰۱۷_۲۳۰۸۴۵.mp4
    30.8 MB
Stone

Attachments

• ۲۰۲۳۱۰۲۳_۱۵۱۲۲۸.jpg
    ۲۰۲۳۱۰۲۳_۱۵۱۲۲۸.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • ۲۰۲۳۱۰۲۳_۱۵۱۱۵۸.jpg
    ۲۰۲۳۱۰۲۳_۱۵۱۱۵۸.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • ۲۰۲۳۱۰۲۳_۱۵۱۲۵۸.jpg
    ۲۰۲۳۱۰۲۳_۱۵۱۲۵۸.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
This is most likely Copper.
Not like Pd look like.
What happen if you add Urea to a solution that is not sufficient acidic is that it will rise the pH and the salts start dropping as Hydroxides.

Better do the stannous on either paper or cotton swab.
This is how a positive Stannous test should look.
From LazerSteve.

Attachments

• Au_Pt_Pd_Stannous.jpg
    Au_Pt_Pd_Stannous.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 0
Similar to the picture you sent. AR in the proportion of 3 parts of hydrochloric acid and 1 part of nitric acid

Not like Pd look like.
What happen if you add Urea to a solution that is not sufficient acidic is that it will rise the pH and the salts start dropping as Hydroxides.
Before I applied urea, the test was positive, but when I neutralized the nitric, the test was negative

Similar to the picture you sent. AR in the proportion of 3 parts of hydrochloric acid and 1 part of nitric acid
We do not usually do that here, we add what ever HCl we need and then add Nitric in increments and heat it to about 70 deg C.
Then add møte when the reaction dies down.
If done right there is no need to decompose the Nitric since there will be no surplus.
If there is a surplus we prefer to use Sulfamic acid which do not destroy the acidity and decompose the Nitric completely forming Sulfuric acid.

Better do the stannous on either paper or cotton swab.
This is how a positive Stannous test should look.
From LazerSteve.
We do not usually do that here, we add what ever HCl we need and then add Nitric in increments and heat it to about 70 deg C.
Then add møte when the reaction dies down.
If done right there is no need to decompose the Nitric since there will be no surplus.
If there is a surplus we prefer to use Sulfamic acid which do not destroy the acidity and decompose the Nitric completely forming Sulfuric acid.
I understand. I use this method, thank you

Not like Pd look like.
It is most likely not copper, because when it was dissolved, the color of the solution turned red, not blue

Attachments

• ۲۰۲۳۱۰۲۳_۱۷۰۹۳۲.jpg
    ۲۰۲۳۱۰۲۳_۱۷۰۹۳۲.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Becareful when crushing rocks
always use a mask or repirator.

by the picture
Probably have gold in the soltuion.
I see tiny particles of gold in the stone.
But it has much more palladium.
Today, I dissolved a spoonful of sediment in 100 ml of concentrated Rick's hydrochloride.
And I dissolved one gram of DMG in 50 ml of hot water and added it to the acid, but nothing precipitated and the solution became darker.
Maybe because the acid was too thick, nothing precipitated!!!!

Back