cell phone boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THIS IS 5.2 OZ,S OF 14K I GOT FROM 20 POUNDS OF 386 CPUS USING Aqua regia $3.300.00 WAS PAID TO ME FOR THEM ! I THINK THAT IS GOOD MONEY FOR ONE WEEKS WORTH OF WORK,

Attachments

• 1023121722.jpg
    1023121722.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 281
IT WAS FOR THE BOARDS AND CHIPS AND THE MCC,S I GESS THAY MENT FOR ALL THE METAL GOLD PLATINUM AND PALLADIUM. I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST FOR THE GOLD

Loose the all caps. It is considered shouting.

14k from 386's ? How did you end up with 14k? In my experience....it just does not work like that. How were they processed? Something is not right ....

By the way 5.2 oz troy of 14k is worth $5200 dollars US at today's market.

I am calling BS here Nothing makes sense. Is it just me??

not just you glondor..... BUT i interested to sell you(kevinlb63) my cellphone board if your saying truth .get me a pm if you buy, of course paypal upfront payment only

I can see (barely) the possibility of a value of $3300 from 20# of 386s, but I can't see what the refiner made on it. The 14K thing is BS unless you created it. They have never used 14K gold plating on any electronic components. Ever! They don't even use the term, "karat".

look i have 10k acid 14k 18k and 22k the gold pased a10k test and 14k test ! but it did not pas a 18k test. so i was paid afor 14 k gold and that is all i know he said it had silver in it.i told him i was told to put silver in it to help clean it up! he said i was mislead he said i should have not put any thing in it. and it would have been 22k or higher. and i just dont get the naysayers on here , i am here to learn and not to teach. i got 20.00 a gram at $3.224.00 for 5.2 oz,s but he gave me $3,300.00 i came on here to learn and every one has been sarcastic. and by the way the gold on 386 and 486 cpus and motherboards can be tested with acid to. and all i have tested have tested have been 18k or better.

kevinlb63 said:
look i have 10k acid 14k 18k and 22k the gold pased a10k test and 14k test ! but it did not pas a 18k test. so i was paid afor 14 k gold and that is all i know he said it had silver in it.i told him i was told to put silver in it to help clean it up! he said i was mislead he said i should have not put any thing in it. and it would have been 22k or higher. and i just dont get the naysayers on here , i am here to learn and not to teach. i got 20.00 a gram at $3.224.00 for 5.2 oz,s but he gave me $3,300.00 i came on here to learn and every one has been sarcastic. and by the way the gold on 386 and 486 cpus and motherboards can be tested with acid to. and all i have tested have tested have been 18k or better.

If you seriously came here to learn, then you need to study the forum for a while.
The "naysayers" know what they are talking about.

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=796

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=2480

Jim

It would be a whole lot better all the way around if you would just post a file of the assay/report from the "refiner". By the way the implication that you are the teacher here is beyond comprehension. Your throwing numbers at us that none of us has ever seen processing the same type of material and you expect us to just take you at your word? Never heard of not even a hobbyist processing the types of material you mention and mixing them together, why would you mix these kind of metals together unless you were making dore bars. I would look for a different refiner. This is not meant to offend you in any way, but if you are, you should move past it and show us the facts. If you can't provide the facts then it's safe to assume we will all move past this thing.

glondor said:
Loose the all caps. It is considered shouting.

14k from 386's ? How did you end up with 14k? In my experience....it just does not work like that. How were they processed? Something is not right ....

By the way 5.2 oz troy of 14k is worth $5200 dollars US at today's market.

I am calling BS here Nothing makes sense. Is it just me??

i did not know any one was paying top dollor for 14k scrap. 14k is 58% gold 42% copper but that ant what any body is paying $5.200 that would be 1000.00+ a oz for 14k .
gold is at $57.00 a gram right now 57x 31=1.767 a oz and that is for 999 pure. i got payed $20.00 a gram for the 14k i had that way he makes money to! all pawn shop and gold buyer are giving 14.00 a gram for 10k and 20.00 a gram for 14k and 25 to $26.00 for 18k and 30 to $32.00 for 22. if it is 24k thay might pay $40.00 a gram thay are not going to give you full price, if thay did thay would not make money.

Smack said:
It would be a whole lot better all the way around if you would just post a file of the assay/report from the "refiner". By the way the implication that you are the teacher here is beyond comprehension. Your throwing numbers at us that none of us has ever seen processing the same type of material and you expect us to just take you at your word? Never heard of not even a hobbyist processing the types of material you mention and mixing them together, why would you mix these kind of metals together unless you were making dore bars. I would look for a different refiner. This is not meant to offend you in any way, but if you are, you should move past it and show us the facts. If you can't provide the facts then it's safe to assume we will all move past this thing.

who said i was the teacher here i did not say that! i said i was here to learn,,,, i had close to pure gold in my aqua regia solution and was tould to put silver in it so i put a little over 2 oz,s in it and it ended up being 14k instead of 24k i gess the guy helping me online was playing a joke on me and i no now not to put any other metal in it at all. i will just use the stump out! and be done with it and have close to pure gold. any way i came on here to ask if it would work if i put my clean cell phones board in aqua regia to get the gold off and then! when the gold is off pull the boards out of the solution and then process what is left in the reaction chamber? can i do it that way? that was the original question! and i got led down all this way. can i get a answer will it work that way? i have two reaction chambers hooked to my wet scrubber so i dont have to breath any gasses.

jimdoc said:
kevinlb63 said:
last month i sent off 200 boards and got back 1.100.00 the the check was for 19 grams of gold from the 200 boards so i thought i could do it my self and make more than that.

I highly doubt that. What type of phones were they?
Can you post pictures of the ones you have now if they are similar?

Jim
here is some of the phone boards that i sent off to get that money!! and there is no copper under the solder mask like most boards the types of phones i have found are all gold on them both sides, no copper or tin just gold and fiberglass, i bet you have not seen any of these that are all gold, so here thay are . and when i tell you what thay came out of you will explode ! thay are in the cheapest phone you can buy!

Attachments

• 1024120733.jpg
    1024120733.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 1024120732a.jpg
    1024120732a.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 1024120732.jpg
    1024120732.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 151
here is some more pics of the boards jim! no copper just gold! it tested 18k the 22k acid made a little reaction but not bad. this is how i got that much gold and money out of the 200 boards. i have not cleaned these but i have over 200 of them

Attachments

• 1024120844.jpg
    1024120844.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 151
  • 1024120840.jpg
    1024120840.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 151
i will sell you my cell phone board ,just send me a pm, i aint got much for now but i will put them on the side for you, just send me a pm to tell me how much you want to pay$ /pounds ,paypal upfront if your not lying theyr is money to do with you

99% of all cell phones have copper under the gold plate and that is why every body on here has said i do not know what i am talking about. look at the pic of the boards a found thay are all gold plated end to end thay are not common! it is hard to find phone boards that do not have copper on them but i know wich ones to look for know!
do you see that thay are all gold, and i mean end to end front and back.

No offense intended, but your posts are hard to follow. We seem to be talking about 2 different things, the gold in your buttons and the gold on the components or boards. As far as the gold plating on all electronic components or boards is concerned, it will most always be between 99.7% and 99.99% pure and the worst it will ever be is about 99.0%. There are technical reasons for this, as I've explained many times. The gold plating on the 386s and 486s is always 99.99% pure. The packages must be heated to attach the lid and chip with braze. The lid braze is 80Gold/20Tin and the chip braze is about 96Gold/4Silicon. If the gold plating were less than 99.99% pure, it could discolor during heating. The gold plating on areas that are not heated, such as boards, will most always be a hard, cobalt (usually) alloyed gold, of at least 99.7% purity. Anything much less than that will effect the desired properties of the gold deposit. Mainly, the deposit could be brittle and less electrically conductive.

In any case, acid testing of gold plating, for purity, is worthless, unreliable, misleading, and a big waste of time. There's either gold plating there or there isn't gold plating there. If gold plating is there, it is almost always at least 99.7% pure. That's a given.

The 5.2 oz of gold buttons, if 14K, have a gold value of about $5000. You got $3300 or, 66% of the gold value. If it truly was 14K, you got screwed big time. A little shopping around should give you, at the least, 92%. That would give any buyer plenty of profit. However, if the alloy is made up of only gold and and silver, it would acid test higher than it really is, since the high silver would slow the acid reaction down (14K acids contain chlorides). A gold/silver alloy would essentially be green gold and, for any accuracy, you would probably require a set of green gold standards (keys - if they still make the green gold ones) for comparison during the acid tests. So, it's very possible that, although it tested at 14K, it was actually less. Maybe you didn't get screwed that bad after all. At this point, you'll never know.

Since you're here to learn - learn!

14k is 58% not 66% and like i said i was tould to put the silver in it i used two silver dollors and three silver dimes. in the mix and was tould that it would clean the gold ! well it just lowerd the karate 14k is going for $20.00 a gram right now. pure gold is going for $57.00 a gram. next time i do it i hope who every is helping me dont lie to me just for the fun of it i am trying to learn. and i will say this again thay are paying $20.00 a gram for 14k at all pawn shops i live in nc and called all in my area and it was the same 20.00 so i did ok. where did you get that 14k was 66% pure? that info is wrong. pure gold is 57.00 a gram x 31=$1.767.00

Reread his post. He said you only received payment for 66% of the golds total value. And if you went to a pawn shop to sell it then that's about right. Pawn shops will rip you off. Most people on here get over 80% payment for their gold.

So to be clear, he didn't say 14K is 66% gold. He said you only got payed for 66% of the total contained gold value, and you gave all that extra silver away for free.

But if you want to keep going about things the wrong way. Trying to prove our moderators wrong and making false claims, then go for it. You will soon see where it gets you.

kevinlb63 said:
14k is 58% not 66% and like i said i was tould to put the silver in it i used two silver dollors and three silver dimes. in the mix and was tould that it would clean the gold ! well it just lowerd the karate 14k is going for $20.00 a gram right now. pure gold is going for $57.00 a gram. next time i do it i hope who every is helping me dont lie to me just for the fun of it i am trying to learn. and i will say this again thay are paying $20.00 a gram for 14k at all pawn shops i live in nc and called all in my area and it was the same 20.00 so i did ok. where did you get that 14k was 66% pure? that info is wrong. pure gold is 57.00 a gram x 31=$1.767.00
Reread my post! I didn't say that 14K was 66%. I said that, assuming the buttons were really 14K, you only received 66% of the total gold value when you sold it. Buyers in my home town don't pay much either. That's why I would never sell anything here. For $1300 more, I would drive 100 miles, one way. No one is lying to you and I resent your saying it. I, as the others, are trying to help you with the truth. I've not once seen anyone here intentionally lie to anyone. You screwed up and you're making excuses for it. However, screwing up is often a good learning experience. Hopefully you'll know better next time.

Next time use a gold calculator. http://www.goldcalc.com/scrap_gold_value.php

goldsilverpro said:
The 5.2 oz of gold buttons, if 14K, have a gold value of about $5000. You got $3300 or, 66% of the gold value.

What GSP said you got paid 66% of 33.00 not that 14K is 66% gold.

who is your online informat? Did they tell you to AR boards? Also what make and model is the "all gold cellphone". When you put in your AR what color is it when its done?

Welcome to the forum please read and learn.

Eric

Tek4g63 beat me :twisted:

Kevinlb63,

Here are my suggestions;

-Forget everything you have learned from anywhere else and focus on the information given on this forum.

-Stop making any posts, even questions, until you study the forum for at least a few weeks. Just study.

-Read Hoke's book, I posted a link in this thread already, and her other book; http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=16976

-Watch; Lazer Steve's videos http://www.goldrecovery.us/
and Samuel's videos http://www.goldnscrap.com/

Jim

Back