cell phone boards

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Total gold value is $5,144.65.

This doesn't mean you should expect to receive $5,144.65 from a buyer. This amount represents the current melt value using the live gold price.

(this info was from your gold calculator) that is why i was payed $3,300.00 for the 5.2oz no one pays top dollor for scap gold ingots and the guy that tould me to put the silver in with my gold was not from this forum. that is why i changed forums and i have not put any of the cell phone boards in the aqua regia yet i was asking if it would work that way? will it get the gold off without dissolving the fiberglass.

I was paid last month though Hitech at 98.5% of spot (had under 5TOZ) so yes it is possible to get top dollar.On the forum some will pay you 90+ after their own test, so yes it is possible.

Eric

look i just wanted to know if i could get the gold off the boards with aqua regia and then pull the fiberglass boards out of the aqua regia that is all i wanted to know !
can i gat a ansure please

kevinlb63 said:
look i just wanted to know if i could get the gold off the boards with aqua regia and then pull the fiberglass boards out of the aqua regia that is all i wanted to know !

Its not that easy. If you want easy, keep selling your boards to whoever it is that got 19 grams of gold out of 200 cell phone boards for you. Can you share with us who that was?

Jim

hungry said:
Was this person from this other forum trying to teach you how to inquart?
edit for spelling
no he just said to put silver it it so it would clean it. he was just making me mess up my gold for fun i gess. because i could not get him to reply back so now on i will just leave gold as it is a keep it. i have two nice 3l reaction chambers hooked to my vack and wet scrubber.o i have a nice place to do what i want i just want to know how to do it right. i am using aqua regia and stump out right now and have orderd other stuff to. i have some neutralizing chemicals on the way to so if i every have a bad reaction i can let it in the reaction chamber to stop the process.

jimdoc said:
kevinlb63 said:

Its not that easy. If you want easy, keep selling your boards to whoever it is that got 19 grams of gold out of 200 cell phone boards for you. Can you share with us who that was?

Jim

it was pmr, did you look at the pic of the boards thay are 90% gold on both sides no copper just gold that is why i got that much money and i have 300 more and here is the kicker thay are GE cordless phone boards made by denso in china i am keeping the part# s to myself sence no one will help me. i dont want to read a book i want gold!

kevinlb63, short answer, it can be done. long answer, should it be done this way. no, not at all. there are a majority on the forum that could do it and make it work.would they? no, it not feasible when there are easier ways to do it. there is a saying, theres more than one way to skin a cat. in this situation, the cat will make you lose. it will cause headaches and nerve racking time. if you try it and when it fails (it will fail) you will have to come to the members that have been trying to tell you to study more and ask for help.it takes a certain amount of knowledge in the different processes you will have to go through to complete all of them successfully.if you dont know what you are doing before you start, you are doomed to failure.

on a side note, no one is baiting you. when a new member comes on the forum and starts talking numbers to people that do this for a living, your gonna get called out on it.when you started talking these impossible numbers, you didnt say you were using magic cellphones. it was implied you were talking about common everyday "run of the mill" cellphones.its pretty common knowledge that there are certain stages and steps to putting gold plating on circuit boards. in the common (non-magical) circuit boards, it starts out with a copper underlay.then theres a nickel barrier layer, and then gold over that.

no one here is obligated to help you. remember that. if you come on the forum and make claims of outlandish yields on stuff thats been discussed literally for years, be prepared to show proof. a few photos wont work. show the assay report on the cellphone boards or just drop it.

kevinlb63 said:
i dont want to read a book i want gold!
:shock: :shock:

I think I'm going to add this to my signature line too :lol: :lol:

This is no way to get what you want. It is a good way to get the boot and not get your answers.

You can have your cellphone #s because its Highly unlikely that what you claim is real.

May your life be interesting.

Eric

kevinlb63 said:
i have two nice 3l reaction chambers hooked to my vack and wet scrubber.o i have a nice place to do what i want i just want to know how to do it right.

If you really want to know how to do it right, you really need to understand what is in those books.
What is the point of obtaining equipment without the knowledge to use it properly or safely.
You may as well just do whatever you want to do.

Jim

With aqua regia (AR) on boards, you will end up with a solution containing about 99% base metals, mostly copper and nickel, and, if you're very lucky, 1% gold. It can be very difficult to precipitate tiny amounts of gold from a highly contaminated solution. There are literally 100s of posts on the forum with people having high base metals aqua regia solutions or AP solutions that have too much peroxide (and thus dissolved the gold along with the base metals) that couldn't get the gold to precipitate out. Urea won't help much. You need to dissolve all the base metals first, with HCl/peroxide (AP) or 50/50 nitric. After rinsing the residue, you can then dissolve just the gold in aqua regia or HCl/bleach and drop it with SMB (or, Stump Out). By doing this, you will have much less AR solution to deal with.

Another possibility is to strip the gold away from the base metals with cyanide.

With mostly base metals, aqua regia is a really bad idea. I have used aqua regia on high gold CPUs but, even then, I prefer to eliminate the base metals first with nitric and then get only the gold with AR.

Every so often, we get some jerk on here that demands that we take our time to hold their hand. I can assure you that they don't last long. If you want to learn, we demand that you get most of your learning by searching, studying, and reading. Then you'll be able to ask intelligent questions. Those are the rules. Everything that you would need to know is somewhere on this forum. If you have trouble finding something, let us know and maybe we can help point you there. If you don't want to do all of this, adios. Then you can go back to the idiot that told you to add silver.

By the way, in thinking about that, maybe he wasn't such an idiot after all. It is likely he was suggesting that you inquart with silver as the first step for further purification of the gold and you just weren't knowledgeable enough to know what he was talking about (or, most probably, from what little I've learned about you, you didn't listen). The inquartation method is covered, over and over, in this forum. Search and see!

jimdoc said:
kevinlb63 said:
i have two nice 3l reaction chambers hooked to my vack and wet scrubber.o i have a nice place to do what i want i just want to know how to do it right.

If you really want to know how to do it right, you really need to understand what is in those books.
What is the point of obtaining equipment without the knowledge to use it properly or safely.
You may as well just do whatever you want to do.

Jim
i know how to use the equipment i just dont know how to get the gold off of the boards thats all. i know how to process cpus now. and not to put silver in the gold
now when i learn how to process my boards i will be ok. and i know how to process my mcc to. and i am not into poisoning the environment that is why i bought the right equipment. and i am very safe when handling my acids i have my permits and my hazardous waste id.

goldsilverpro said:
With aqua regia (AR) on boards, you will end up with a solution containing about 99% base metals, mostly copper and nickel, and, if you're very lucky, 1% gold. It can be very difficult to precipitate tiny amounts of gold from a highly contaminated solution. There are literally 100s of posts on the forum with people having high base metals aqua regia solutions or AP solutions that have too much peroxide (and thus dissolved the gold along with the base metals) that couldn't get the gold to precipitate out. Urea won't help much. You need to dissolve all the base metals first, with HCl/peroxide (AP) or 50/50 nitric. After rinsing the residue, you can then dissolve just the gold in aqua regia or HCl/bleach and drop it with SMB (or, Stump Out). By doing this, you will have much less AR solution to deal with.

Another possibility is to strip the gold away from the base metals with cyanide.

With mostly base metals, aqua regia is a really bad idea. I have used aqua regia on high gold CPUs but, even then, I prefer to eliminate the base metals first with nitric and then get only the gold with AR.

Every so often, we get some jerk on here that demands that we take our time to hold their hand. I can assure you that they don't last long. If you want to learn, we demand that you get most of your learning by searching, studying, and reading. Then you'll be able to ask intelligent questions. Those are the rules. Everything that you would need to know is somewhere on this forum. If you have trouble finding something, let us know and maybe we can help point you there. If you don't want to do all of this, adios. Then you can go back to the idiot that told you to add silver.

By the way, in thinking about that, maybe he wasn't such an idiot after all. It is likely he was suggesting that you inquart with silver as the first step for further purification of the gold and you just weren't knowledgeable enough to know what he was talking about (or, most probably, from what little I've learned about you, you didn't listen). The inquartation method is covered, over and over, in this forum. Search and see!
that was all i wanted to know . because i dont want to use cyanide in any of the process thank for the info that is all i wanted to know thanks so very much,Urea is what i am using as a Safety Measure if i think the nitric is reacting to much my reaction chamber has a extra inlet for me to let the urea in to stop thing from going wrong. thanks for the info again.

Eric, they do. its a government licence to pollute. when you pay the fees and get the permit, it allows you to release a certain amount of pollutants into the environment. the more you pay, the more you can release.

when I Tell people that I burn different parts they ask me if I'm aloud to. I tell them with all the stuff I've saved from the landfills I got carbon credits from Al Gore :lol:

Eric

for the record there is no toxins leaving my system i have two gas alarms and if just one goes off it shuts the vac down.
and my activated charcoal srubber absorbs all the gases it does it even while the vac is on the only time there is any gases near me is when ever thing ar off.
and i open my reaction chamber my truck puts off more bad gases than what i can see. i have a gas alarms on the tabel just in case. thats a three gas alarms and thay dont cost to much. plus that can save your life.
i keep the stuff out of the environmen that is what i am all about. and by the way if you dont get the permit and thay check you out you get a fine and i dont want that that is the only reason i pay for the permit it was not much $200.00

Back