Crush?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See I did it. I have a lot I don't want to do it all!
View attachment 61512
This looks like a rock, what we can see that is.
Nothing properly melted will look like this,
anything melted will be in a form of a button or similar with rounded edges and surface.

How do you manage to get the focus on your face and cigarette and not on the object of interest?
Put what you want to show on a surface that is light and uniform in color,
like a sheet of paper or a towel or something similar.
Then take a picture, and review it to see if it shows what you want us to see.
After that is considered Ok you can post it.

The camera focusses on your vest or your face. Try tapping on the screen on the rock. It should focus on that part.

Then it will still be a picture and we can only guess. It helps us passing boring time at work, but does not help you identifying your rocks.
Are you using your front camera? It usually is of way lower quality than the ones on the back. This can be a lump of anything, really.

But really you are asking us how to win the nascar races, but were stuck in a discussion convincing you which side the brake or the gas pedal is located. Another blurry picture will not change it.

So i'm concluding this blurry thing is obviously a perfectly molten piece of electrum from washington. Put on e-bay for sale. Use profits for an assay. Next challenge.

Coffee!!

anything melted will be in a form of a button or similar with rounded edges and surface.

How do you manage to get the focus on your face and cigarette and not on the object of interest?
See that thing I don't have anything to properly and fully melt it I'm just trying to get it to a point where somebody will see it and actually help me. The last picture I sent in private message was made from sulfides and it's not fully melted all the way through I can't I don't have the power to do that

See that thing I don't have anything to properly and fully melt it I'm just trying to get it to a point where somebody will see it and actually help me. The last picture I sent in private message was made from sulfides and it's not fully melted all the way through I can't I don't have the power to do that
Sorry I meant chlorides not sulfides

But really you are asking us how to win the nascar races, but were stuck in a discussion convincing you which side the brake or the gas pedal is located. Another blurry picture will not change it.

So i'm concluding this blurry thing is obviously a perfectly molten piece of electrum from washington. Put on e-bay for sale. Use profits for an assay. Next challenge.

Coffee!!
Look this is supposed to be a site where you get help I know that most of the help comes in the form of wisdom and knowledge on how to do stuff but I don't want the wisdom nor the knowledge to do it it's kind of help I want is a trade I've said that a million times so I won't post any more blurry photos and I'll stop asking for help because it kind of helped it's offered here is not the kind of help I need

Take a look at your own pictures here on the forum.
Are you able to see what it is?

Look this is supposed to be a site where you get help I know that most of the help comes in the form of wisdom and knowledge on how to do stuff but I don't want the wisdom nor the knowledge to do it it's kind of help I want is a trade I've said that a million times so I won't post any more blurry photos and I'll stop asking for help because it kind of helped it's offered here is not the kind of help I need
We can only help those that help themselves by giving proper and accurate information mate.
To us it looks like rocks.
I have posted links on how you can do an assay yourself, I'm not convinced you have even read it.

Crush, concentrate, test. If the time you already have invested in posting were used appropriately, your questions would have been answered, and as a bonus, you would have more knowledge. You have no skin in the game, therefore your intent seems invalid.
Mmm, coffee ...

It's not melted though, as the propane torch could not reach high enough temp to melt this all the way though. Don't worry I'm going to sell it and get the recommended assay. The problem with that is I have a verity of different types of ore with different composition and percentages. My best ores are my lead ores. Second comes electrum then copper and finally my silver. With that said all thought to contain some degree of AU. Any suggestions for which is best for a fire assay?

Crush, concentrate, test. If the time you already have invested in posting were used appropriately, your questions would have been answered, and as a bonus, you would have more knowledge. You have no skin in the game, therefore your intent seems invalid.
Mmm, coffee ...
Lol I wish that were true. However I have a gallon of gold chloride that I am slowly crystalizing. I have pieces that are in need of a hotter heat source to complete their imperfect formation.

If I showed up at Mount Baker mining would Jason look at what I brought? It wouldn't be much due to the fact that I would have to travel by bus and would take a whole day.

You really need to read the book on assaying, located in the library. You can melt the rocks with a propane torch, you just need to read up on how to do it. It is all here on the forum, it is up to you to take responsibility. Be the Captain of your life ship. In order to be a good Captain, you usually start by swabbing the deck, then work your way up the ladder. You have to learn to walk, before you can run.

If I showed up at Mount Baker mining would Jason look at what I brought? It wouldn't be much due to the fact that I would have to travel by bus and would take a whole day.
Nobody here on the forum can speak for Jason, just as you would not like me to speak for you, without your permission. Email him to communicate with him. If he agrees, then make the trip. Or send him some samples. We don't want to dump all the people on this forum on Jason, it would become overwealming for him. In fairness to Jason, he should charge a fee for analysis, just like any other lab would.

It's not melted though, as the propane torch could not reach high enough temp to melt this all the way though. Don't worry I'm going to sell it and get the recommended assay. The problem with that is I have a verity of different types of ore with different composition and percentages. My best ores are my lead ores. Second comes electrum then copper and finally my silver. With that said all thought to contain some degree of AU. Any suggestions for which is best for a fire assay?
One always use a representative part of what is assayed.
You take as an example a 3 pound rock and crush it to a fine powder
and then mixes properly and assay a part of that (29.7 grams if I'm not mistaken).
Read the Assay book, it is there for you to learn from.
Then you know and can ask the correct questions.

How much energy and money have you burnt through to torch these rocks?
I suspect that having an assay done in the beginning would have been cheaper.

If you really have Electrum it should be easy to prove as long as it is not "ore".
Weigh the sample and find the SG, it should also test well with XRF and melt relatively easy.
Not as "ore" though.

The worst part of this is being told someone was willing to help. However, when publicly gratified, said individual retracted the offer. This leads to the belief that they wanted to be discreet about involving themselves for a hidden motive possibly. Second I have offered to send bring or meet any of. You in exchange for help, as well as to prove my claims. Not one of you professionals can so much as bother to inspect my inventory for yourself. No, instead you have all chosen to assume I have no chance of being right. Though I have explained I cannot afford an assay, the fact is there are individuals here that can perform such a task. But even with a trade offered give no assistance. This is America! And I was raised to always help someone in need. What would you lose by receiving and assessing an ore from me? If I'm wrong ( though I'm not) only a few moments time. On the other hand if I'm right, you gain a bit of gold and the pride of doing a good deed. I don't understand why it's so hard to actually get a little help. Notice I have always used the word help and never asked for guidance. There is a difference.

The worst part of this is being told someone was willing to help. However, when publicly gratified, said individual retracted the offer. This leads to the belief that they wanted to be discreet about involving themselves for a hidden motive possibly. Second I have offered to send bring or meet any of. You in exchange for help, as well as to prove my claims. Not one of you professionals can so much as bother to inspect my inventory for yourself. No, instead you have all chosen to assume I have no chance of being right. Though I have explained I cannot afford an assay, the fact is there are individuals here that can perform such a task. But even with a trade offered give no assistance. This is America! And I was raised to always help someone in need. What would you lose by receiving and assessing an ore from me? If I'm wrong ( though I'm not) only a few moments time. On the other hand if I'm right, you gain a bit of gold and the pride of doing a good deed. I don't understand why it's so hard to actually get a little help. Notice I have always used the word help and never asked for guidance. There is a difference.
The individual you are referring to has explained why and has apologized, has he not?
You have to be careful with these allegations, or there will nearly be a guarantee nobody will help you.
I have also explained why I can't help the way you want.
Your efforts so far has been in the realms of complaining, you have so far I can see,
not done anything you were supposed to do in your end like reading and prepare for assaying.
If you can not afford an assay you can definitely not afford to spend gas on torching rocks.
We have given you the book you need to do an assay yourself, so read it and stop complaining.
In stead you have torched some rocks and taken out of focus pictures, none of which can help us solve your problem.
When ever we ask for more information you torch some more rocks and take new out of focus pictures.

So now go read that book!

Every body on this forum has gone down the path you are now wandering through. Some have had formal education, and some, like myself, have been self taught ( still learning ). I have been to the Colorado School of Mines, not as a student, but somebody who wanted the quick answer, and be spoon fed the info I seeked ( the Parkes process ). The professor there started to explain, but soon told me I needed to study, to learn the process. Frustrated, I left the campus. Then I started looking for every bit of info I (capitalized ) could find.
If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. You can do it. All the info you need is on the forum.
People here will help, but what you are asking them to do takes considerable time. We are set up to do some of the processes, when time avails, but if you want it done in a timely fashion, send it to an accredited lab.

Back