Crush?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best advice You already received is
do a Fire assay.

Some Universities can do it ,even for free.

Or Maybe You can send it to some labs for a very cheap price.

We've seen Your Ore.
And we have seen Your blobs and it can be interesting for several people, but you are going to need a fire assay.

Fire assay is a process that will identify the metals in your ore and if they are precious metals.
This is going to give you an idea of what You have and the process to extract the Precious metales of it.
and Your Ore will be more interesting.
this is exactly what almost all hard rock miners do.

old timer do fire assay by themself.
But took them lot of time and many failures.

but now with the amazing technology that some labs have.
They will send You a report with all minerals in Your Ore in days.

Right now send your precious Ore to a lab is easier than ever and Will give You better result than few years ago.

Last edited:
Again, assay is needed.
Any reason you do not get one?
Im broke. And honesty I pray to the Earth to save me I couldn't find a job and I asked mother Earth to provide for me as she's provided for people for many and many years and then I stumbled upon this. But sadly I don't know how to use it I just know it's there.

Again, assay is needed.
So this was my thought process I don't want to do this for a living or a hobby I was in a hard spot I asked for help there's provided to help I figure I don't know how to do this I would use the oldest form of currency known to man which is the barter system to get some help. I thought if nothing else somebody would look at it like if I'm wrong all they had to do is waste a little bit of time to find out but if I'm right then somebody can come up on a fair amount for a little work. Either way isn't it worth a look. However, unfortunately that has not been the case so I've been trying to crash course myself on how to retrieve the contents inside. And I truly have melted metals directly from The Rock.
Again, assay is needed.

There's plenty of honest people who frequent this forum so maybe someone who is close to your area can have a look at your material.
Do understand that if there is good value in your rocks you are in a very vulnerable place by not being able to have a assay done.
This world is stuffed full of people who are waiting for the opportunity to cheat another person so it's 100% best if you can put together enough money for a proper assay.
This would help you understand if what you have is copper, gold, silver or only mineralized rocks with very little significant amounts of valuable metals.
If you were closer I would take a look and have a assay done to see if we could work something out but I am too far from you.

There's plenty of honest people who frequent this forum so maybe someone who is close to your area can have a look at your material.
Do understand that if there is good value in your rocks you are in a very vulnerable place by not being able to have a assay done.
This world is stuffed full of people who are waiting for the opportunity to cheat another person so it's 100% best if you can put together enough money for a proper assay.
This would help you understand if what you have is copper, gold, silver or only mineralized rocks with very little significant amounts of valuable metals.
If you were closer I would take a look and have a assay done to see if we could work something out but I am too far from you.
I have no idea of prices for assays.
But I believe a simple fire assay is not too costly.

Although you have samples t
Look for mount baker mining machines and ask Jason if he can run it for you.
hat may show values this forum is not going to meet your needs. You need clearly established mining rights. (Claim or ownership). You need a geological report showing indicating that there is a sufficient orebody to mine profitably. Finally you need to advertise or seek help in selling it or obtaining a lease with a mining co that wants it

Well I'm not trying to mine anything I'm just trying to get what I have processed as far as the rights go I have written permission by the owner of the property to surface pick minerals which is all I've done I have not dug one hole and so everything is legal it just need help with what I have I'm not asking for a continued relationship in this I'm not asking to put hundreds of times through I probably have maybe 150 to 200 lb and that's it

hat may show values this forum is not going to meet your needs. You need clearly established mining rights. (Claim or ownership). You need a geological report showing indicating that there is a sufficient orebody to mine profitably. Finally you need to advertise or seek help in selling it or obtaining a lease with a mining co that wants it
I don't understand what is wrong with people that they don't help their neighbor anymore it's not like I'm asking for something for free and I have everything needed to make it legal I know I've done my research I'm not an idiot I'm a college student with a 3.2 GPA I don't do anything half-assed I just don't want to do this and I have it so I figured I'd trade somebody some of their expertise for some of the products when it's done sad thing is that even on website that's aimed towards refining gold a person can't find help unless they want to learn the whole process and do it themselves but I do not want to do that I do not have an interest in that I do have however have an interest in money

Welcome to us.

The OP just want someone to refine/check what he has (s)melted so far and possible process what he has the right to.

I don't understand what is wrong with people that they don't help their neighbor anymore it's not like I'm asking for something for free and I have everything needed to make it legal I know I've done my research I'm not an idiot I'm a college student with a 3.2 GPA I don't do anything half-assed I just don't want to do this and I have it so I figured I'd trade somebody some of their expertise for some of the products when it's done sad thing is that even on website that's aimed towards refining gold a person can't find help unless they want to learn the whole process and do it themselves but I do not want to do that I do not have an interest in that I do have however have an interest in money
Your problem as many others is that you do not give sufficient information in the beginning.
And you do not have an assay, maybe you somehow can manage to do an fire assay yourself.
There are books written on this even one using ordinary hand torches to do so.
Among the books is:
A Textbook on Fire Assaying by Bugbee. That is the main book for fire assays
Introduction to Torch Assaying by Charles L. Butler This one is for in the field or low equipment mode.

You might find these books here but they definitely are on the net.

Besides that there should be members from Washington state that might be helpful.
If you reach out with a general location there might be some one.

I'm in Europe so I'm out of reach.

Your problem as many others is that you do not give sufficient information in the beginning.
And you do not have an assay, maybe you somehow can manage to do an fire assay yourself.
There are books written on this even one using ordinary hand torches to do so.
Among the books is:
A Textbook on Fire Assaying by Bugbee. That is the main book for fire assays
Introduction to Torch Assaying by Charles L. Butler This one is for in the field or low equipment mode.

You might find these books here but they definitely are on the net.

Besides that there should be members from Washington state that might be helpful.
If you reach out with a general location there might be some one.

I'm in Europe so I'm out of reach.
Well hopefully and it seems like I have found somebody who is willing to at least let me send some of it to them to test it and tell me what's in it we will see.

Like I said, there's some very good people on this forum that will help just about anyone who is going through hard times.
I hope you have valuable ore and and even more importantly ore that is simple to process.

Like I said, there's some very good people on this forum that will help just about anyone who is going through hard times.
I hope you have valuable ore and and even more importantly ore that is simple to process.
So do i. On the bright side I was poking around the internet and found this which is 7 miles from the location of where I got mine.Screenshot_20240110-180944.png

However I still need to know where I'm sending it

Back