Eco-goldex CYANIDE Leach

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if anybody wants some of this material I'd suggest they get in fast before our authorities shut this particular loophole down, but and its a big but you need to realise it's a cyanide process and is to be kept completely separate from any acids or acid processes and to realise your waste solutions if fed through carbon will be a cynanide waste that can be re used but if saturated with zinc then you need to be able to treat that waste separately from any acid wastes before you can safely dispose of it...

I can see this going horribly wrong for someone!

You have "real" AR with Nitric acid and poor man's AR with Nitrates because of the restrictions with Nitric acid . Maybe this could be known as poor man's cyanide as it's the same principle.

Cover from Psion Dacom gold plated network card after ecogoldex treatment. Gold was stripped quite fast only black printed letters, logo and text remained intact. When I used spray bottle black paint was removed and gold plating under exposed, they went back to leach for a while to recover that last bit of gold from them. Plating is not too thick it stripped quite fast but hey, I got them free and not many people know that they are gold plated even that this is printed on them.

DSCF5273.JPG

I feel I need to make a few comments here.
This material is basically a CYANiDE stripper.
Please make sure you are capable and ready to have the space needed to use this away, far away from any acids new or used, you also will need to be able to neutralise the solution before you can safely dispose of it.
If you are going to use zinc the solution will become useless so creating another waste stream of very toxic material that needs to be treated with care and with proper testing, also there is no way to be sure without assays all the values are out of solution so budget for at least one assay per solution and possibly more.
If you use a carbon tower then you will be left with just a cyanide solution which you can reuse and the metals including the ferrous will report on the carbon, this will reduce the waste stream but the carbon will need ashing and then dissolving to get at the values creating more waste, do not attempt to try recovering the metals without ashing as you could and probably will have cyanide in the carbon.
When you use any cyanide strip you need good rinsing which creates more waste which may hold values plus a certain amount of cyanide which again needs to be treated.
If you use zinc the residues from this process will need filtering and good hot water rinses to remove any cyanide before you attempt to remove the base metals with acids, this has to be done in a good fume hood with decent extraction for your own safety, you can use HCl or nitric, I prefer HCl as the fumes aren't so bad but nitric works better in removing everything but the gold.
The storage and handling of the solutions needs to be done carefully and any solutions well covered and sealed to prevent accidents or worse, this is cyanide it takes no prisoners.
In my honest opinion I don't believe members should use this especially at home due to the inherent dangers which cyanide poses, it will not reduce your waste stream, you will need equipment to be able to safely neutralise the solutions before disposal and your going to make few friends from any environment agencies especially if there's an accident such as a leak into the water table or worse someone dies.
There are other methods which achieve the same results but are fairly new so my advice is to look at them as they seem to be non toxic which to my mind seems a much better bet for the home refiner, to get the best from any of these methods including cyanide you need to invest in equipment to monitor the processes , improve the speed and to help recover the values, there is no free lunch it will cost money to follow these methods and processes successfully and in the case of cyanide extreme care with its use , storage and disposal, if your not willing to spend the time and money and create a new work area separate from your normal one then keep away.

Marcel said:
Every time some method sounds too be good to be true, it is too good to be true...
I am a bit upset with the "ECO" label of that stripper.

There are alternatives but you need to do some research and a lot of experimentation to perfect them and a few show some real promise, I'd say read the forum and read any new ideas that are put forward, not all of them are rubbish!

nickvc said:
Marcel said:
Every time some method sounds too be good to be true, it is too good to be true...

There are alternatives but you need to do some research and a lot of experimentation to perfect them and a few show some real promise, I'd say read the forum and read any new ideas that are put forward, not all of them are rubbish!
hi , so far it is working good for me , ed.

ettran said:
nickvc said:
Marcel said:

hi , so far it is working good for me , ed.

Ed just be aware you are working with CYANiDE under a different disguise, just make sure you keep it well away from your acids and practice good housekeeping, ie wash your hands/ gloves before using them elsewhere, store it sealed and out of reach of kids, pets etc,preferably keep it locked up, dedicate a separate area to work in, and be aware you cannot test the solution easily to see if you have all the values out without assays unless you use carbon to strip the solution which will leave you with a straight cyanide solution!
Just be careful is the simple message, this stuff is great but it will kill if your irresponsibile or careless.

hi , there. using zink powder but it is slow, not sure if I am using enough zink. fluid is a nice yellow color , but stays yellow after zink is put in.i am only putting a teaspoon at a time each day , stirring several times a day . has anyone tried broken up CPU's with eco-goldex E series? ed

Ettran

You have to consider that having free cyanide plus leach enhancers plus oxidiser in a solution is in reality exactly the same principle as having AR with free Nitric in it. Add SMB to this AR and your precipitated gold can and will dissolve straight back into your solution.

I've not read the instructions so call this an educated guess. Do the instructions suggest leaving the solution in the dark before adding zinc?

This would cause any free cyanide to recombine back into its original ferrocyanide form so that it wouldn't continue to dissolve the gold precipitated by the zinc addition.

anachronism

"I've not read the instructions so call this an educated guess. Do the instructions suggest leaving the solution in the dark before adding zinc?"

Instruction for using eco goldex E series was posted on page 4 (5th from bottom). there is nothing stated about light or dark.

Dwayne

hi guys , I bot some activated carbon and waiting for it, change of plans. I know the dangers of cyanid , i worked in a plating shop 30 years ago. letting zinc settle and draining off fluid .saving everything to clean up and clean waste,will keep forum posted,ed.

hi , bought som carbon , but havn't used it yet. looking for ratio of grams per oz. or ml .this thread has gotten quiet lately. ed

I really hate to be the Debbie downer in this thread. I know people think I am rude and hateful and some think I should be banned.

What I am is the voice of reason. Let me give you an example.

Hello to all reading I bought a supposed gold stripper off the internet. The instructions weren't real clear but I used it anyway. It stripped the gold real fast and I think I am going to make a mint from using it.

Now I cant recover my gold from it. Reading this thread I have seen that zinc will drop the gold. Carbon will recover the gold. I am at a stand still waiting for someone to broke this unlockable chain. I need to break free from this steel ball and chain.

Being that I am not a long standing member on the forum and I don't have much say or pull.
If I was a long standing forum member meaning I have been on the forum for years and a couple thousand post. I had have done the following.

1. I would have contacted a long standing member of the forum that had the ability to study the wonderful chemical that I had bought to strip gold. Since I knew nothing about the chemical but what I had read.

2. I wouldn't have started dunking things in it without knowing the chemistry involved to recover the precious metals.

3. If I was located in the USA I would probably contact so and so and see if I would POSSIBLY be able to send them a sample of the wonder stripper that I cant recover my gold from and see what they could do with it to unlock the key to get my gold from solution.

goldenhaha, I'm not sure I understand your post or your feelings about the forum.

Why do you think people think you're rude and hateful? You've been a member for over a year, but you really just started posting in the last couple of weeks. I've reviewed all your posts. Some showed some insight. Others seemed unnecessarily negative. Starting your post with such a negative statement seems to invite criticism. Why not just say what's on your mind without the preface?

You say you're the voice of reason. Then, the rest of your post just seems to ridicule members who may have bought this product hoping to find an "eco-friendly" solution to stripping gold plate. It's very easy to make fun of others, but do you have something constructive to offer? While I agree that thorough research is preferred before jumping in the deep end of the pool, we're here to help, not to make fun of those who jumped in too soon.

I'm trying to understand the purpose of some of your posts. If you just want to throw stones, you're not going to make many friends here. If you have some helpful advice to offer, I'm sure our members will appreciate it.

Personally, I get PMs from people with thousands of posts and people with no posts. I try my best to help them all.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
goldenhaha, I'm not sure I understand your post or your feelings about the forum.

Why do you think people think you're rude and hateful? You've been a member for over a year, but you really just started posting in the last couple of weeks. I've reviewed all your posts. Some showed some insight. Others seemed unnecessarily negative. Starting your post with such a negative statement seems to invite criticism. Why not just say what's on your mind without the preface?

You say you're the voice of reason. Then, the rest of your post just seems to ridicule members who may have bought this product hoping to find an "eco-friendly" solution to stripping gold plate. It's very easy to make fun of others, but do you have something constructive to offer? While I agree that thorough research is preferred before jumping in the deep end of the pool, we're here to help, not to make fun of those who jumped in too soon.

I'm trying to understand the purpose of some of your posts. If you just want to throw stones, you're not going to make many friends here. If you have some helpful advice to offer, I'm sure our members will appreciate it.

Personally, I get PMs from people with thousands of posts and people with no posts. I try my best to help them all.

Dave

Dave I have great respect for this forum. I have known of the Gold Refining Forum since 2007.
The forum was in its infancy when I found it.

Safety first and do your own homework was my point. Wasn't ridiculing anyone.

goldenhaha said:
What I am is the voice of reason.

Unlike Dave I have not reviewed all of your posts - But from "some" of what I have observed - you seem to be a bit confused

Speaking with an "opinionated" voice - is not the same as a voice of reason

Opinionated = holding to ones opinions in a stubborn way (Webster's)

Reason (or reasonable) something said or written to explain or try to explain an act, idea, etc. (or --- using or showing reason; sensible --- not extreme or excessive; fair (Webster's)

Quote by Dave

Or as I posted as a reply to you in another thread
don't rock the boat - you might be the one that falls out into the water

Just some food for thought

Kurt

Back