Issues with GEO

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited it for you...
Do not use name calling or it may have consequences, anyway it seems to me you are the one with axes to grind.
I have no idea what goes on between you and Dave, but that is a case between you and him, not the forum in general.
Now, please behave like an adult!

Nothing goes on between me and Dave. He banned me for no reason with zero communication. No one else was banned so I don't know what the problem is. I've been a member here much longer than either one of you and Dave had absolutely no justification to ban me. Everything I said was 100% fact. Now you show up with snarky comments? I will not allow you, Dave, or anyone else to bully or intimidate me.

Nothing goes on between me and Dave. He banned me for no reason with zero communication. No one else was banned so I don't know what the problem is. I've been a member here much longer than either one of you and Dave had absolutely no justification to ban me. Everything I said was 100% fact. Now you show up with snarky comments? I will not allow you, Dave, or anyone else to bully or intimidate me.
I have no idea what happened.
As it was before my time, I guess.
But what about asking for an explanation?

And what was snarky about my replies to you?
I will not let you bully others on the forum either, and these not so hidden comments are not very becoming as adult debattants.
So once again, please be civil.

I do not have English as my first or second language, so I might miss a thing or two from time to time.

So standing up for myself when a moderator targets me for absolutely no reason is bullying? Is this what you are saying?

So standing up for myself when a moderator targets me for absolutely no reason is bullying? Is this what you are saying?
No, but since you haven't even tried to find out why and what happened.
You can guess how it looks from a spectators view.
Poudouche, No one on this forum will help you. They will make excuses and seemingly cover for the criminals just like when I got screwed by a member here. When I find you Thad Kirby in Maryville TN, I got something for you...
Bottom line, Never ever ever ever deal with someone on this forum that doesn't have a legit business and even then you'll probably get hosed in some manner.
We have tried many pathways to get this sorted out and I hope it is done soon.
Some moderators here are ruining this forum. Too many egos and axes to grind. Maybe FragileRefiner should issue me an apology for banning me for no reason? Anyone else get a one week ban for posting?
This kind of name calling is actually a reason for banning, but it is nothing I take lightly and also the reasoning for what I guess is what you call snarky comment. In my world this is not something I call adult nor responsible behavior.
This looks like you are dragging the whole forum down the drain from something that happened to you,
and that was maybe a long time ago.

What happened with your ban is up to you to find out, so I suggest you contact Dave in a PM and get an explanation.

It is unfortunate what happened to you in your deal but we can not do anything about that or any other deals.
It has been said many times that we the forum can not be held accountable for what any and all members agree upon between themselves.

We have access to no other means than banning, and in this case banning any of the parties involved may sever any means of communication they have between them.

This kind of name calling is actually a reason for banning, but it is nothing I take lightly and also the reasoning for what I guess is what you call snarky comment. In my world this is not something I call adult nor responsible behavior.

This looks like you are dragging the whole forum down the drain from something that happened to you,

What happened with your ban is up to you to find out, so I suggest you contact Dave in a PM and get an explanation.

It is unfortunate what happened to you in your deal but we can not do anything about that or any other deals.
It has been said many times that we the forum can not be held accountable for what any and all members agree upon between themselves.

We have access to no other means than banning, and in this case banning any of the parties involved may sever any means of communication they have between them.
Reply to myself.
I have tried to restrain this threads and realize I have failed and kept it alive unintentionally.
I'm out of this thread unless something needs attention!!

kdaddy, you have said several times that I banned you for no reason. If you read back through this thread, you'll see that near the bottom of page 5 I said:
I am asking, no, telling EVERYONE to STOP this back and forth! I don't like locking threads, but at this point, I will if there are any further comments from anyone but Geo and poudouche. I want to leave the thread unlocked so these two can use it to communicate to the rest of us the progress toward a resolution.
I clearly told EVERYONE to stop posting in this thread except Geo and poudouche. The next day, you posted:
Poudouche, No one on this forum will help you. They will make excuses and seemingly cover for the criminals just like when I got screwed by a member here. When I find you Thad Kirby in Maryville TN, I got something for you...
Bottom line, Never ever ever ever deal with someone on this forum that doesn't have a legit business and even then you'll probably get hosed in some manner.
So, you seem to feel that my telling everyone to stop posting on this thread didn't apply to you. You told poudouche that no one on this forum would help him, when in fact there were several members trying to help. You also told him that we would "cover for the criminals", which is not true and just further fanned the flames.

That is why I banned you.

Dave

With respect, You should let Dave handle his own business. He chose to ban me very publicly without any warning or communication. I'm sure he will be along shortly...
Thank You.

With respect, You should let Dave handle his own business. He chose to ban me very publicly without any warning or communication. I'm sure he will be along shortly...
Thank You.
He has already, do you not read the posts before you reply?
I fear you may be close to another vacation from the forum.
Leave this alone now!!!

kdaddy, you have said several times that I banned you for no reason. If you read back through this thread, you'll see that near the bottom of page 5 I said:

I clearly told EVERYONE to stop posting in this thread except Geo and poudouche. The next day, you posted:

So, you seem to feel that my telling everyone to stop posting on this thread didn't apply to you. You told poudouche that no one on this forum would help him, when in fact there were several members trying to help. You also told him that we would "cover for the criminals", which is not true and just further fanned the flames.

That is why I banned you.

Dave
Hello Dave,

Will you please explain why the other members who posted before me were not banned. Just trying to understand why you targeted me specifically? Are you banning people for saying things you don't like to hear?

This forum provides a marketplace for people to do business but there is no avenue to resolve any issues that arise.
Historically anyone who has been ripped off by a member and asks for help gets interrogated like a criminal and hears tons of excuses as to what might have happened. You may call this behavior something different than I do.

If there is something that I said here that you have an issue with you should point it out instead of banning me. If you would like to discuss privately, you know how.

He has already, do you not read the posts before you reply?
I fear you may be close to another vacation from the forum.
Leave this alone now!!!
I answer posts in order I receive them.
Like I said before, I will not be bullied or intimidated. I was targeted for no reason. The "I told everyone not to post" excuse is false because others posted before I did.
Thank you.

kdaddy, there was only one other post by anyone other than poudouche or Geo after I asked everyone to stop posting. While I didn't appreciate that post, at least it was not false. Your post was false on both saying no one would help poudouche and saying that we would cover for criminals.

I'm sorry if you feel you were targeted unfairly, but I have a job to do here, and I did it to the best of my ability. If you don't like the way I moderate, forum rules allow you to contact another administrator to protest.

Dave

Dave,
Lets be factual here please. There were two other posts by two other members, other than poudouche or Geo, prior to my post.
As for the accusation that my comment was false, please elaborate on that. I'd love to hear about what's being done to help people who have been ripped off.
Simply admitting that you overreacted is apparently out of the question I guess?

Dave,
Lets be factual here please. There were two other posts by two other members, other than poudouche or Geo, prior to my post.
Sorry, you're right. Kurtak did respond and say that he would follow the request not to post any more.
As for the accusation that my comment was false, please elaborate on that. I'd love to hear about what's being done to help people who have been ripped off.
I already explained that earlier.
Simply admitting that you overreacted is apparently out of the question I guess?
I don't feel I did. Again, you can appeal to Nugget if you'd like. I won't debate this with you any further. This has once again completely derailed this thread.

Dave

He banned me for no reason with zero communication.
That is not quite true - Dave told the forum members to STOP post on the issue between Geo & Ludo (poudouche) & to let them work it out - in other words to stop posting their personal opinions one way or another on the issue

That is one of the jobs of the moderators (to give a warning - or be banned if the warning is not heeded)

The reason for that job (by moderators - their warnings - & consequences) is to keep threads from going completely off the rails &/or causing division among members --- it is not an easy job nor one they take lightly

I have personally been in the homes of 5 of our moderators (Dave, 4 metals, butcher, Goran & nickvc) & as well have had MANY private discussions with most all (if not all) of the moderators (on the phone & PMs) so I know them all - personally - very well
I've been a member here much longer than either one of you

That is completely irrelevant as to whether a member gets banned or not - I not to long ago got banned when I continued to push an issue after moderators gave warning to STOP - AND - I have been a member here for a VERY long time (two different user names - so longer then just my kurtak name) & I have been a major contributor to this forum (thousands of postings) & as I say have a very close & personal relationship with the mods --- but I still got banned --- & that is because I did not heed the warning to STOP

Now I of course did not like being banned - but I took it like a big boy - which means when the ban was lifted & I was allowed to come back I did not come back whining & complaining about being banned - I simply moved on with the purpose of this forum which is refiners helping refiners

I suggest you do the same - take your banning like a big boy & move on

Side note: - now granted there have been a few posts (including by me) after Dave asked members to STOP posting their opinions on the issue between Geo & Ludo - BUT - those postings where questioning whether to keep this thread open or close it --- so NOT the same thing as posting an opinion on the issue between Geo & Ludo - which you did

Kurt

That is not quite true - Dave told the forum members to STOP post on the issue between Geo & Ludo (poudouche) & to let them work it out - in other words to stop posting their personal opinions one way or another on the issue

That is one of the jobs of the moderators (to give a warning - or be banned if the warning is not heeded)

The reason for that job (by moderators - their warnings - & consequences) is to keep threads from going completely off the rails &/or causing division among members --- it is not an easy job nor one they take lightly

I have personally been in the homes of 5 of our moderators (Dave, 4 metals, butcher, Goran & nickvc) & as well have had MANY private discussions with most all (if not all) of the moderators (on the phone & PMs) so I know them all - personally - very well

That is completely irrelevant as to whether a member gets banned or not - I not to long ago got banned when I continued to push an issue after moderators gave warning to STOP - AND - I have been a member here for a VERY long time (two different user names - so longer then just my kurtak name) & I have been a major contributor to this forum (thousands of postings) & as I say have a very close & personal relationship with the mods --- but I still got banned --- & that is because I did not heed the warning to STOP

Now I of course did not like being banned - but I took it like a big boy - which means when the ban was lifted & I was allowed to come back I did not come back whining & complaining about being banned - I simply moved on with the purpose of this forum which is refiners helping refiners

Side note: - now granted there have been a few posts (including by me) after Dave asked members to STOP posting their opinions on the issue between Geo & Ludo - BUT - those postings where questioning whether to keep this thread open or close it --- so NOT the same thing as posting an opinion on the issue between Geo & Ludo - which you did

Kurt
Thanks Kurt!

I am asking, no, telling EVERYONE to STOP this back and forth! I don't like locking threads, but at this point, I will if there are any further comments from anyone but Geo and poudouche.

Bump post.

GEO and Poudouche will PM it out, i'm sure.

Then please lock it. File it somewhere deep in a drawer.

I ask All members please never to commit character murder again and contact the admins if you need to get a hold of someone YOU have made a buisiness deal with that did not go as planned, and YOU failed to have protected yourself against that.
We are all grown ups, right?

This particular style of 'getting in contact with someone' has not brought the best out of us and is heating things up.
I hope some lessons are learned.

Back to refining that gold! May your path be shiny!

Thank you Kurt.
We the moderators are a totally volunteer bunch we have no real power other than to ban which we only do as a last resort, we try to keep the forum on track discussing recovering and refining precious metals and expect the members to behave according to the rules of the forum, if we issue a stop on a thread it’s because we feel the rules are not been followed or are close to causing dissent amongst the members which does no one any good especially the forum as a whole.
Again I emphasize we have absolutely no authority over any trades or deals done between members but we will try and help to get a resolution if we can if things go wrong but that’s all we can do, the responsibility for the trades or deals is between the members doing them, if members want an insurance then I suggest trade through EBay and pay for that transaction and if it’s a toll recovery and refine pick your partner carefully do due diligence and have accurate weights , pictures and whatever proof you can provide should it go wrong.

Now can we leave this thread alone and let Geo and Ludo sort it out or believe me there will be more bans as I and I suspect all the mods are getting a little agitated at this thread.

Kurt
Not sure why any of this is your business.
Wait.. Didn't you post before I did? You and another member.. After the "warning" on the previous page?
It's clear that I was not banned for posting on this thread so please drop that bit of fiction. I was banned because someone didn't like what I said.
Remind me again why you are interrupting?

Edit by moderator:
Removed multiple quotes of the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back