Jackie L. Goldsmith

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the posts in this thread made me spray saliva onto my phone’s display.

It might be easier to just electrically refine gold from sea water... after all, there’s like 50 thousand to 1.5 million tons of gold in it, depending on whose estimates you go by... I mean, at least we know It’s in there...

A very simple process to overcome a colloid in suspension is to evaporate all of the water in the suspension and bring all solids to a dry state. This condenses and concentrates any metal particles in a small area. It takes less chemicals to redissolve the metal. For example, I collect all of my stannous tests and add them all together. When the container gets three quarters full, I gently evaporate the excess solution and keep adding. When I process my filters, I also process this small amount as well. Drying does not overcome the tin. The tin is normally already converted to tin oxide by this point. I add HCl and place it on heat. I slowly add nitric acid by the drop until the solution goes from cloudy to clear. At this point, the tin is converted to metastannic acid (hydrated tin oxide) and settles to the bottom. The nitric acid hydrates the tin to an oxide which is insoluble. The same thing will happen if you heat stannous chloride and add nitric acid by the drop. Now the precious metal can be separated from the tin by careful decanting and rinsing.

So let me ask, “have any of you developed a protocol?”

Did you do NAA as i suggested?

Did you jump on a nano scope?

Ive been pulling gold out of sand at the 200 to 2000 gram per ton level from these ores.

Anyways, just as a heads up, much of the advice listed is incorrect for recovery out of these systems

Anyways, ill pop back in another while after i read more of the skeptics unfounded response. Just because you lack the knowledge does not make it, nor the concept, a falsehood.

Good luck

Back