Lazersteve's DVDs Q & A

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dwsj65"

Some of the files are media player files which certain phones won't play.

For computers:
Update your media player version and codecs.

Accept cookies for my site.

Allow my site on your internet securities software (eg Norton, Black Ice, Zone Alarm, etc.).

With Firefox install and configure IE Tabs for my site (Tools--IE Tabs--Sites--- http://goldrecovery.us-- add)

Allow Active X content for my site.

Only my older videos are of this file type; all of the newer ones are youtubed and should play on any device.

Steve

Bonzaibear said:
Hey Lazersteve, been watching alot of the videos on the website, awesome job, I would like to know a couple of things. Is the refining of rolled gold and gf process done with the cell? In your video do you go through the process step by step how to percipitate the gold from the cell? I am so new to this but have alot of access to jewelry that rg and gf some plated. If I buy that video is it a good one for NOOBs like me??? Also wondering about chemicals, purchasing and disposal.....Thanks

You can see me process a batch of GF scrap start to finish on the DVD. I demonstrate everything in a step by step fashion.

I am so lost. I am not computer illiterate by any means. I have tried all that. For some reason, when I select a video to watch, a new screen comes up, but then nothing happens. No video. No box where a video should be. No anything. And the page shows done like it is through populating.

Thanks.

I have tried them all. I can't get any of them to play. I was specifically wanting to watch the gold videos and the cell videos... I have tried from 2 different computers and my cell phone... I just can't figure it out. Even had one of the IT guys at work try and he couldn't get them to play either.

I'm doing it now as I type.
Went to steves site. logged into site. went to videos and selected cell videos. clicked wire basket video.
New screen with player. clicked play waited for video to buffer (kinda slow today) but after 40 seconds video starts playing like always.

Maybe need to wait longer for video to buffer. usually faster than 40 seconds.

Hope this helps.
Tom C

edit: XP on Lenovo ideapad. IE 8. rock solid system

In reading your post, when my "new screen" pops up, it is a new screen WITHOUT player... There is no box there for the player.. I updated to media player 11.. I am using IE 8.. I updated silverlight... Still nothing...

I just checked my desktop. I haven't used the windows media player on it since I reformated the system and loaded everything from scratch.

This is what I found:
The video did not play. and no player, but did get a popup asking if I wanted to "run Add-on" (pic 1)
I clicked "run add-on.
Second window poped up "IE security warning" asking me if I wanted to run the "windows media player extension" (pic 2)
I ckicked "run"
Windows Media Player appeared on the screen (pic 3)
I then clicked the play button.
The video buffered a few seconds then started playing (pic 4)

Hope this solves your problem
Tom C.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    562.6 KB · Views: 3,218
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    498.3 KB · Views: 3,218
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    596 KB · Views: 3,218
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    608.7 KB · Views: 3,218
I never get that pop up where you were asked about running the ActiveX extension.... Mine sits at that same screen, just like that, minus the pop up... I let it sit for 20 minutes earlier just to see if it would load... No such luck...

Thanks so much for trying to help me out... I just don't understand... Maybe it is a sign from God for me to leave the refining to you guys and just keep prospecting instead of getting into recovering...

LOL

Dwsj65 said:
In reading your post, when my "new screen" pops up, it is a new screen WITHOUT player... There is no box there for the player.. I updated to media player 11.. I am using IE 8.. I updated silverlight... Still nothing...

I see in this post you mention silverlight.
Steve mentions on his video links that silverlight was discontinued by microsoft and all his silverlight videos were moved to media player files.

Check your system and see if it is trying to use the silverlight player for the videos, thus causing this problem.
might need to remove the silverlight and media player restart the system, then reinstall the media player.

Other than this I am at a loss. Do you have access to another computer from family or a friend that you can test at your place.
I know my daughter loves to download torrents and brings me Bob & Tom cd's.She has cable internet. But when I try to download torrents, nothing, nada, zilch my ISP blocks all torrent files period. No exceptions.

Running out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tom C.

Steve have you ever thought of making it for direct download but in DVD or Mpeg format, so people may have the opportunity to burn it to disk at their leisure? And you wouldnt have to burn future DVD's and be done with it.

TXWolfie said:
Steve have you ever thought of making it for direct download but in DVD or Mpeg format, so people may have the opportunity to burn it to disk at their leisure? And you wouldnt have to burn future DVD's and be done with it.

This is for the free video's Steve offers on his website not the better complete video's he sells.

Ever since youtube came out their has been a battle over online video players and which technology is better. The end result is now their are several different incompatable formats and you have to have the right player to play the video you want to watch.
Also is is a big hassle to go back and convert old videos to newer universal formats that play with the current players. (but for how long) So it is better for the person wanting to watch the video to have the correct player.

You can ask Steve if he will let you convert the videos and post them to youtube on a free basis for all to see. (no harm intended)

Tom C.

Converting the old videos on my site to the new formats is on my things to do list, but not at the top of the list. Currently I'm focused on my overdue DVD production: Testing and Refining Karat Scrap.

The new DVD should be competed this weekend. Thank you to everyone who is patiently waiting for this DVD.

The playback problem on the old videos can be resolved by following the steps I posted above. Sounds to me from the member's description of the problem is that the security settings are the problem. Add http://goldrecovery.us to your trusted sites and adjust your Active X internet options security to 'prompt'.

Clear your temp files, cookies, close IE, and reopen after making the adjustments. With newer versions of IE check to be sure you don't have a bad or missing add-on.

Steve

Anyone who has been waiting for the release of my Testing & Refining Karat Gold DVD can purchase it from my webstore now.

Total play time is 1:30+ minutes. Chapter list:

01_Testing: Closeups of various hallmarks, scratch testing, etc. All new never before seen close up footage!
02_Inquarting : Inquarting and Nitric acid dissolution, plus some much needed formulas and math. Inquarting is the same as seen on my website video; nitric is all new.
03_Aqua Regia: Detailed look at using Poorman's AR (HCl + NaNO3 = muriatic acid and sodium nitrate); zero nitric recipie.
04_Preciptate : Using dry SMB to recover the gold from solution; All new footage with testing.
05_Cleanup: Very detailed videos of the complete washing and drying process from precipitate to weighing the dry gold powder.
06_Shot: Full length shot video ( a very short sample of it can be found on my website videos in the melting section).

I will be listing several new items as well in the next few days including several varieties and sizes of pre-drilled shoting dishes and crucibles.

I'll try to get all US orders to you by Christmas Day if you order by Wednesday night. Sorry for the short notice, I've been editing and finalizing this disk for the last 36 hours nearly non-stop (sleeping and food breaks) to get it done tonight. I started this project in January of 2011.

Here's what the DVD label looks like:

au_label.gif

Now I can start on the Cell DVD.

Your comments are welcome.

Thank you for your patience,

Steve

I was actually talking about the new DVD he has out now, it can be direct download much like any other company does. It would save time and money in checking email and delivering thru mail and also save the buyer time in purchasing it and waiting for it to arrive. Almost any new computer will have a built in dvd burner and player. But I see at least the thought is being out there but time is just needed for completion.

Rich

Hi, I was wondering what exactly is the different between the videos for processing gold fingers that are on your website and the DVD about processing the fingers with acid peroxide?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

elgoogs said:
Hi, I was wondering what exactly is the different between the videos for processing gold fingers that are on your website and the DVD about processing the fingers with acid peroxide?
Stephen

As stated in the opening post of this thread, the Acid Peroixde DVD is an assembly of some of the videos on web site put together in titled chapters and ordered as used in the acutal processing of a batch of fingers start to finish. A lot of folks order this DVD so they will have the ability to play the DVD on their set top player. Others order this DVD to have the information demonstrated chronologically start to finish, and still others buy the DVD to support my website and my goal of helping others through the forum and videos. There is also a small group of individuals that don't have access to the videos on the internet for whatever reason, so they buy the Acid Peroxide DVD.

Please read my description of all of the DVDs given in the opening post of this thread on page one for more details of the other DVDs.

Steve

Back