Lazersteve's DVDs Q & A

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve,
I'm assuming that the "Processing Fingers with Acid Peroxide DVD- Video Guide to Processing Plated E-Scrap" DVD is the best choice for a newbie to get some good information (along with reading CM Hoke's Refining Book) to scrap gold from old cellphones and computers?

Thanks,

Steven.

The DVD puts the enitre AP process at your fingertips to review and learn on your computer or TV. The DVD covers all of the steps form start to finish in chronological order.

The processes on the DVD will teach you what you need to know to process copper based e-scrap.

Steve

Hi, I order a dvd vido from you but never got it, the receipt number is 0523-5603-7002-4334 and it was paid on 2/4/12 , the item # is 5 (testing and refining Karat Gold DVD Vido guide to testing and processing Karat Gold. I have been getting the run round, What is going On????? I paid 35.00 us , so if you can't deleiver send my money back, this will be the last time I will ever order from you.

frosty said:
Hi, I order a dvd vido from you but never got it, the receipt number is 0523-5603-7002-4334 and it was paid on 2/4/12 , the item # is 5 (testing and refining Karat Gold DVD Vido guide to testing and processing Karat Gold. I have been getting the run round, What is going On????? I paid 35.00 us , so if you can't deleiver send my money back, this will be the last time I will ever order from you.
Check your junk/spam mail folder... But it is always better that you send a private message to Steve.

frosty said:

Please provide your paypal transaction id.

Did you order the Goldsilverpro book for $35, as that is the only item that is a flat $35? A single DVD to US addresses is $31.75. Please confirm order paypal transaction id and paypal email address.

I need you paypal email to look up this order if it was in fact for the DVD.

I have not gotten any emails or pms from 'Frosty' concerning this matter. Frosty please clairify your identity and order information.

Steve

This morning I researched the orders that arrived via paypal for all dates 2/2/2012 through 2/6/2012. All have been shipped and more importantly none were for a flat $35.

Chris (GSP , Goldsilverpro) PM'd me this morning and confirms that you ordered his book by mistake. He has sent you two copies of the ebook already and has offered to work with you on the matter. Frosty, I'm also willing to send you a copy of the DVD you apparently intended to order if you place the order via my website just as everyone else does. I do not fill orders that do not come through paypal.

I do not send out copies of the DVDs unless I get an order via paypal for this exact reason. When myself or a customer makes a mistake, I am willing to work things out for them if all of the paypal information checks out and is in order.

This matter could have easily been solved by responding to Chris' email and subsequently working with me via my email or PM account to correct the problem.

I have asked Chris to post his side of the story for all to review.

Sorry you all have to read this, but it will ultimately demonstrate that I am an honest and up front business man. I take complaints very seriousy and do my very best to resolve them as soon as I am aware of a problem. Frosty, I feel you could have handled this differently, but it gives me an oppotunity to demonstrate my business ethics, so for this I thank you.

Steve

I paid 35.00 us , so if you can't deleiver send my money back, this will be the last time I will ever order from you.
It may not be my place, but I suggest you watch your remarks! Steve is one of the most respected and upright members of this forum.

maynman1751 said:
I paid 35.00 us , so if you can't deleiver send my money back, this will be the last time I will ever order from you.
It may not be my place, but I suggest you watch your remarks! Steve is one of the most respected and upright members of this forum.
Maynman... I had the same comment written but held my tongue. I also had the same issue with the transaction, (because I didn't read the whole description Steve and Chris fixed things for me ASAP! That is why I suggested that a run through the spam/junk email folder.

I don't intend to make Steve and Chris blush but they are most respected! My 0.02 USD.

There is no reason for anyone to be concerned, especially Frosty. Chris and I can easily resolve Frosty's slip of the mouse once we get his response and details of the problem. He has currently adopted a public position of blaming either myself and/or Chris for the error, but regardless of who is at fault, it's an easy fix.

I have had other buyers click the wrong item or double order and the problem has always been quickly and peacefully resolved. Let's face it accidents happen and will continue to happen, but the one who has the accident must first be willing to admit the mistake so it can be correctly resolved.

I'm hoping Frosty takes the time to review his transaction details, realizes the mistake, and then posts an update to this thread. I look forward to his reply as well as Chris'.

Steve

I recently purchased all of LazerSteves refining DVD's. This is one of the smartest investment I have ever made. Clear, concise and simple to follow. Along with the other materials recently acquired my lab is beginning to take shape. I cannot recommend these videos too highly. A set should be oone of the first things any new refier should consider. My respects to Steve and all of you. Michael

paulphil1 said:
Does your silver DVD discuss how to deplate silver from silver plated items?

Thanks

No. You can read about the contents of all of my DVDs here:

Lazersteve's DVD Details

For information on removing silver plating search the forum for 'silver plated' posts without the quotes.

Steve

Steve!

I found the DVD's and I just wanted to tell you that they are incredibly helpful. I couldn't wrap my mind around how the process worked even after reading Hoke. I really appreciate you taking the time to make those DVD's. I am not going to start refining until I am home for good from Afghanistan but I did start trimming the RAM and PCI cards. I will be purchasing more DVD's from you in the near future!

I was wondering if you had a DVD discussing what to do with the memory sticks and other e-scrap once you process the fingers? I read on this forum that you can process the black flat packs and whatnot, but I am certain the entire board has more PM in it.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thank you! I will keep reading the forum and try to find the answer to my questions.

Thanks again Steve!

Someone can tell me if he shipping also outside the country? im german located in thailand and want this DVD,s to make it worthy i would buy em all :roll:

thanks
olli24

Yes, I ship internationally.

Be sure to choose your country when placing the order so the paypal shipping calculator will add in the cost of shipping. If you do not see your country on the list email me.

Steve

Steve,

Question from a newby. I have a lot of 24kt gold plated brass to refine using the reverse electroplating method. I'm wanting to buy one of your videos and guessing that the "Refining Gold Filled Scrap" would be the correct choice. Would this be the one you recommend?

Thanks in Advance.

David

Dsmith700 said:
Steve,

Question from a newby. I have a lot of 24kt gold plated brass to refine using the reverse electroplating method. I'm wanting to buy one of your videos and guessing that the "Refining Gold Filled Scrap" would be the correct choice. Would this be the one you recommend?

Thanks in Advance.

David

For Gold Plated scrap, simply watch the free cell videos on my website. If you want to see the final refining and melting of the gold in video format, you can buy either the Karat Gold or Gold Filled DVD. All of the DVDs focus on a single type of scrap for their primary subject matter, but they also contain techniques that are applicable to many types of scrap once they are mastered. I designed the DVDs so that someone could buy the entire set of DVDs and learn to recover and refine a full spectrum of precious metals. Many skills learned on one DVD apply equally well to other types of scrap not covered on the DVD.

Steve

Excellent Lazersteve, I will be purchasing a dvd soon. I knew about this forum, but never took advantage of it. Definitely beats browsing youtube. I know it's an old post, but hey, still incredibly helpful.

Back