Refining chemicals: suppliers

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is used to adjust the ph in swimming pools,and possibly also for cleaning the pools.
It is in Home Depot,Lowes or other hardware store as muriatic acid for concrete cleaning.

Jim

franklynvoorhies said:
thanks for your help. you guys respond so fast it really makes this forum excellent.
There's an excellent gathering of people here, most dedicated to helping others.

I'd like to make a comment.

You'll take note as you read the forum that I'm a no-nonsense kind of guy---and I really like to see things spelled out correctly. ("ok, im looking for pool products is it a shock or clarifier? any 1 know?)

To be perfectly blunt, I am offended by anyone that chooses to use clever dodges for typing correct nomenclature. It has a way of getting skewed by some, so you will be very well served to lose the text lingo on this forum. What ever you have to say, say it plainly and clearly, leaving out all the substitute lingo that is so popular with those that text message. You will be far better served (and received) by following my suggestion. There are those amongst us that won't reply to anyone that presents themselves in less than an acceptable manner.

I thank you for your kind consideration.

Harold

I read somewhere that the large refiners were spending from $0.25-$0.50 per Oz to refine gold, and about $0.10 per Oz to refine silver. I guess that for Platinum, etc, the costs will be somewhat higher.

I guess these figures change depending on location, amount of chemicals bought, etc. Does anyone have a cost schedule with the different costs itemized?. I.e.: Chemicals, other supplies (filters, etc.), depreciation of equipment, labor, insurance, electrical bill, waste disposal fees, etc. To really arrive at a realistic figure, and a target for new small refiners to measure against. :?:

Skyline and others.

I just found a great source for gallons and 32 oz bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide.
Sally Beauty Salon caries 10, 20,30, and 40% solutions of Hydrogen Peroxide in 32 once bottles and gallon jugs for approximately $3.00 per 32 oz and $14.00 per gallon.

Look for Salon Care Professional 10, 20, 30, or 40 volume clear developer. This is technical grade solution. You do not want the cream one but the solution only. They come in a white bottle with a blue cap and blue and black label.

Works great with Butyl Diglyme as the precipitant for the AU.

Ron

rhwhite67 said:
Skyline and others.

I just found a great source for gallons and 32 oz bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide.
Sally Beauty Salon caries 10, 20,30, and 40% solutions of Hydrogen Peroxide in 32 once bottles and gallon jugs for approximately $3.00 per 32 oz and $14.00 per gallon.

Look for Salon Care Professional 10, 20, 30, or 40 volume clear developer. This is technical grade solution. You do not want the cream one but the solution only. They come in a white bottle with a blue cap and blue and black label.

Works great with Butyl Diglyme as the precipitant for the AU.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Do you have a link?

If I may help in clarifying the 10, 20, 40... I was corrected here some months ago when I had the same assumption, that those numbers represent the % of peroxide. That is not correct. I, & another member helped some one else just a few days ago, that had the same assumption.
Those numbers are not the % of the peroxide, but the volume. 10 vol. = 3% peroxide; 20 vol. = 6%; 30 vol. = 9%; 40 vol. = 12%.

I just picked up 4 quarts of 40 vol. yesterday @ 2.50/qt.; its on sale! :p

Phil

Check in CHEMICAL PROCESSES: Any other alternatives to cutting NOx fumes other than H202?
Formulas

Go to Steve's website and watch all of the excellent videos he has made. At the bottom of this first page, it gives you the username and password needed to login:
http://www.goldrecovery.us/

I couldnt find any videos on here... just the shop, FAQ, and forum. could you elaborate please?

thanks i think videos are the most helpful for me.

-Adam

In the videos section on the site page select 'Show' in any one of the sections where you want to see the videos and they will become visible.

Steve

thanks steve for some reason i didnt think to click home on the website. :lol: lol. very informative videos thanks a lot!

Adam

Does anyone know an affordable supplier of FeSO4 in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Thanks,
Dan

skyline27 said:
Does anyone have a source for gallon+ jugs of hydrogen peroxide?

have you tried your local hydroponics shop??

indoor soiless growing, they should have hydrogen peroxide 30% in 3.8l (1 us gallon jugs) and even types of acids

i used to have a hydroponics garden in my moms yard, but that was long ago.......

http://www.chemicalregister.com
Manual compilation of chemical suppliers enabling buyers to easily
source manufacturers for price and capacity of commodity and specialty chemicals
by name or CAS registry number. Site includes new projects, free magazines,
jobs, news and events.

Hello everyone, I'm trying to find a source for Nitric here in Canada, and so far no luck. I can find it for sale at jewelry supply companies but they won't sell it to private individuals. Only schools or businesses. I noticed some of the members are here in Canada and was wondering if they could point me in the right direction. Thanks a bunch.
Steveo

RoboSteveo said:
Hello everyone, I'm trying to find a source for Nitric here in Canada, and so far no luck. I can find it for sale at jewelry supply companies but they won't sell it to private individuals. Only schools or businesses. I noticed some of the members are here in Canada and was wondering if they could point me in the right direction. Thanks a bunch.
Steveo

I don't use it but I know a guy in Montreal That my be able to get some

Hello everyone this will be my first post to this forum. Based on my read in the other topic areas this site seems to offer the kind of knowlage and knowlageable people i need to help me be successful in the refining of gold and other precious metals. That being said I am from Ontario, Canada I have been a scrapper for a number of years and have been colecting E-Waste for almost that entire time. I have built of a decent stock pile of old CPU's, RAM gold fingers and the like, and now that I wish to try my hand at refining some of what I worked so hard to get I am having a problem finding a Canadian source for nitric acid. From what I gather ever since the government changed some of the laws it has been a hard to get commondity. Any help any of you could provide would be welcomed. I dont want my adventures in refining to crash before they even get off the ground.

Thanks again

deepholedriller
same probleme here in montreal, if you find someone who is selling to you can you tell it to me,i will do the same for you.
thank you

Hi all,

After much searching I found Nitric through a jewelry supply shop in Toronto. It's called Lacy's. Only hitch is you have to buy in person with Photo ID. Not really an issue if you are from the city. A bit on the pricey side too.

Back