Renstilskens wacky questions.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Renstilsken,

I have just read over this entire thread and my conclusion is that, while this thread may help you with your questions, it does little to help anyone searching for information locate anything valuable contained in this thread. The purpose of this forum is to help members with refining and provide a searchable catalog of threads about specific topics.

Unfortunately "Renstilsken's wacky questions" does little to aid other members to search for answers to their questions. When members have a hard time searching, or find their time too valuable to waste searching, they often ask questions which have been answered many times. This is something we are trying to prevent.

So I request that you stop posting new questions on this thread and if you have a new question, search for an existing thread and add to it or start a new thread with a subject title indicative of the topic. Then in the future any member searching for information will have a better chance of answering their own question from an existing thread.

Topher_osAUrus said:
2000 liters?

528 gallons?

I thought I had alot of waste to treat.. Suddenly, my 8 five gallon buckets doesn't seem so bad..

Was wondering when someone would catch this.

Just by reading this thread and having a understanding of the process to recover precious metals. This person has no idea as to what is going on.

The OP can say that they only have 2000ml of waste but the truth is it is closer to 2000 liters.

Someone try to put 10 pounds of silver plated copper, brass, or whatever that is silver plated in a beaker cover with water and add 200ml of nitric acid.

Renstilsken said:
Butcher..thank you the detailed info their.. This is very helpful.. For when I go hunting for silver.. I will no longer buy silver plated items..so I now have in that mix silver and copper cement mixed together..hmmm..with some zinc..ok..hate to just grow it all away..
I do have a question for moderators.. I had bought a silver subscription..but my name hasn't changed.color.. And I did not receive a confirmation on my paypal for it yet ..who do I talk to for it., you have been teaching me a lot.. Wanna give back..

You are worried about your name not changing to a different color because you made a donation.

Noxx is a busy young man. You will get conformation when he gets on line. If I Was Noxx I would refund your donation and ban you.

You are a accident waiting to happen. Members have told you time and time to do a search on the silver cell. YOU ARE A HAZARD TO THIS FORUM..........

Hello everyone.. Haven't been on in a while been studying ...just wanted to say hi.. And thank goodness you are not noxx.. I was just trying to confirm if nox got payment or not. That was all. And since following everyone's advice on here I have been gotten a lot better .. And have developed better safety habits, and been practicing refining with small amounts ., and have been following hokes book..very informative.. And have become highly successful.. Only in silver not tried anything else yet..not ready too. Just wanted to to say thanks for All the help . 4metals,up cyclist,butcher,gold silver pro,nickvc, and Jason the refiner..and all others who have help me thus far..I have been following the other threads on here with better efficiency now.. And have been finding my answers. Without having to ask..I am beganing to crawl..so to speak..to will keep in touch.. And in becoming a member was my of giving back to help keep this site going .. So others like my self. Have a place of ongoing learning, and understanding that is all..goldenhaha...so please be nice..and reframe from talking to me like that.. Thanks to This forum I am not a accident waiting to happen...anymore.

Good you've grasped and accepted the basics of what people have been trying to tell you and that's great. Now your journey begins my friend.

Renstilsken said:
goldenhaha...so please be nice..and reframe from talking to me like that.. Thanks to This forum I am not a accident waiting to happen...anymore.

Its good to hear that you are doing some reading and studying the forum. I would say that I am sorry for being rude ,blunt or straight to the point.

I am not sorry for being that way. That is the only way that some people understand.

Take your time hit that search button and do read the forum. Don't chase after the precious metals keep your eye on the prize and let it come to you. There is a lot of knowledge on this forum but you have to read and study to become efficient at what you are trying to accomplish.

The prize will come to you if you have the patience. If you would be so kind as to search for a member by the name of malfeces and read his post. Maybe someone will post a link to his post in this thread.
Glad your not a accident waiting to happen anymore. Let it come to you its all right here on the forum.

Ooo..man kadriver just posted a great video on silver refining..must have watched a dozen times now really great video..love this place.. Catch you guys later video in tutorials..

Greeting all .. hope all is well.. quick note .. I have been doing quite well . I have been processing silver for a month or two now and all is working great thanks to the help of you guys.. I have been processing gold aswell.. again thanks to this forum.. now I have a question ..more of a delema..
after processing some gold .. I gold about one Troy ounce of silver chloride left over.. and I tried to process it back into silver.. I added lye and it reacted bubbled and heated up and I left it out side to finish reaction .. after it was done.. I came back and it had cooled down. And it was silver oxide. I then added sugar .. to precipitate silver. But nothing happened. The sugar just clumped up and drop to bottom of jar.. one what did I do wrong.. and two is it lost?
I had thought I had followed the process right where did I go wrong .. and can I fix it.. thanks once again for all ur help fellas .. and happy holidays..

Ooo..baby.. I figured it out ..I heated it up on my hot plate.. and then started mixing it.. once it got hot again.. it started the chemical reaction.. and then I started adding sugar again. And it is precipitating silver ..yay.. u guys are great thanks for the help.. have a great day..

Hey fellas happy holidays..
Ok I have a question I made a batch of Aquila regalia.. to break down 90 grams of 14 karat gold most of it went well.. but I seem to have about 7 grams of metal left Thant won't dissolve.. I even took it out of acid and washed it . And roasted it. And retry to dissolve it in how acid ,but metal just turned black..and won't dissolve . So what kind of metal is it . And is it worth reclaiming.. thanks for any and all responses.

That's an easy one, you got a gold alloy with a lot of silver. You need to inquart it, look up inquarting.

Göran

Might I suggest you post future questions in their own threads? That way other readers will know what is being discussed from the subject line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

anachronism said:
Aquila Regalia should be Aqua Regia too.
Are you sure? Aquila Regalia = Eagles Jewellery... maybe it was what he meant? :D

Göran

Rumplestiltskin,

Might I suggest you post future questions in their own threads? That way other readers will know what is being discussed from the subject line.

I have asked you this same question in the past and you have chosen to ignore it. This is a public forum and while you may think otherwise, we are not here to answer your questions in a way that it is not possible to search for results. As Upcyclist suggested you should ask questions in separate threads so they can be found using our search function. The purpose of this forum is to provide a reference source that is constantly evolving and updated with solutions and methodology being accessible by searching key words.

The "Renstilskens wacky questions" thread does not meet this criterion. If you cannot find it in your skill set to write posts and keep within the subject matter then I feel your welcome here on the GRF will be soon be running out.

I am locking this thread and fully expect you can post any future questions properly in a way that future members can benefit from the discussion. There is no other option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back