Solid Palladium 99.972% - For Sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am sorry for chiming in as a relative newcomer to this forum, but after a few months here i am constantly surprised by the amount of time members spend humouring obvious scam artists. there is no way this individual was ever a jeweller in florida for 34 years. just read into the grammer and vocabulary used in his posts. nobody speaks or writes that way except a translator program. the story and the evidence don't match.
the whole premise is absurd. if i had 6 million dollars in precious metals i sure as heck wouldn't be wasting my time on a forum trying to sell it a dime bag at a time. think people . just saying ...

i am sorry for chiming in as a relative newcomer to this forum, but after a few months here i am constantly surprised by the amount of time members spend humouring obvious scam artists. there is no way this individual was ever a jeweller in florida for 34 years. just read into the grammer and vocabulary used in his posts. nobody speaks or writes that way except a translator program. the story and the evidence don't match.
the whole premise is absurd. if i had 6 million dollars in precious metals i sure as heck wouldn't be wasting my time on a forum trying to sell it a dime bag at a time. think people . just saying ...
There are a bunch of red flags, but we have a tradition to give people a chance to present and prove themselves.
So give the guy a chance to explain himself before you call him a scammer.

its a very nice tradition, and a very fair tradition. he has posted 9 replies since his initial offering. 9 times he could have proven himself. 9 times he could have explained or answered any questions directly , concisely, honestly, etc. he has chosen not too. is that because he doesn't want to ? he doesn't wish to make a sale ? or because he can't . again, just my observations of the situation .

its a very nice tradition, and a very fair tradition. he has posted 9 replies since his initial offering. 9 times he could have proven himself. 9 times he could have explained or answered any questions directly , concisely, honestly, etc. he has chosen not too. is that because he doesn't want to ? he doesn't wish to make a sale ? or because he can't . again, just my observations of the situation .
Time will show

in the meanwhile i will keep absorbing knowledge. thank you to the core members of this forum for their information an patience

jeweler... JESUS!!!!!!

Let’s all calm down.

I’ve met some really incredible people through the GRF over the years. I’ve also met some real duds, jerks, and downright nasty people. I’m also probably one of the most opinionated members here and very self-confident in my assessment on PMs having had a lot of experiences over the years as I “grow up” every day in this industry. Literally learning something new every day. I see how I was so certain of this and that in old posts and now I look back and reflect that I was wrong, or my knowledge incomplete, or that someone else knew better.

So while I wasn’t exactly a believer in these Pd bars and still a doubting Tom, I’ve learned that people end up with precious metals—even large quantities of them—through interesting and not necessarily nefarious paths.

Palladium is an annoying metal to melt (a joy to refine, however) and fabricate. I asked my questions of OP because melting bars of palladium isn’t an easy task and special equipment is needed as well as special knowledge.

That said, I do think in a public place selling things, people should be open to some criticism and questions, especially when trying to dispose of a troublesome metal like Pd. I’ve certainly sold palladium to members here and one of those members was a manufacturing jeweler that I consider a great friend, even though that Pd sale was an unmitigated disaster for him! My metal didn’t work (for him) because I was ignorant on melting it and the hygiene required.

So Mr. Junobeacher,

Who (what entity) refined the palladium for you? I ask because I’m curious if they’re London Platinum and Palladium market members and accredited, or COMEX accredited.

Do you mind telling the forum at large how you got into the palladium business? I ask because any legitimate buyer would want to know something of the supply chain. In this country, our government requires that persons that trade in precious metals as “dealers”—which you would be considered Day 1 if you sold but one kilo bar—have a program/plan to prevent nefarious activities.

Do you mind telling us how you made these bars to the size and how you can custom melt these to whatever size? It would be really neat to see the furnace that it’s done in and would not just help with credibility but also be educational.

I am a buyer to add in the mix and I respect all the guys here processing their own materials. Not easy.
I would be interested in a possible purchase. However, I am now seeing 2 sets of pictures of the metal in various stages. The first pics look like almost amateur pours. The second set of submitted photos shows a pro pour. My concern is the lack of a hallmark on the pro pours. This alone tells me I would not do business with you. The scams out there are endless. $50,000 would be a good days haul. You could pull some bait and switch, just like the endless offers from Africa. So my suggestion to you is offer it to a known House. They would offer you the best value, take it all, then do their marketing for retail sales. Then we don't have to do a back alley deal with somebody possibly getting hurt, or worse.

Wow!!! I expected better here,

. The safest and most reliable way is shipping to begin.

Why not offer to sell a small piece of shot of a few grams to someone who can have it checked. The nature of people is to be wary of too good a deal and while your price is not that special having a informal source might still appeal to some. The value of Palladium is near zero if it turns out to be something other than what is advertised.

As mentioned there are fiduciary issues you need to keep in mind.

What passes through my mind as well is the possibility that this is Russian or Ukrainian metal that is
being used to smuggle value out of a political hotspot, perhaps originally honestly earned but perhaps not honestly declared when crossing borders.

Your new picture of bars look much more professional but as mentioned by another member they would be much easier to sell if their specification was visible. The cost of checking if you are on the level is too high so noone can help you.

I would be interested in a possible purchase. However, I am now seeing 2 sets of pictures of the metal in various stages. The first pics look like almost amateur pours. The second set of submitted photos shows a pro pour. My concern is the lack of a hallmark on the pro pours. This alone tells me I would not do business with you. The scams out there are endless. $50,000 would be a good days haul. You could pull some bait and switch, just like the endless offers from Africa. So my suggestion to you is offer it to a known House. They would offer you the best value, take it all, then do their marketing for retail sales. Then we don't have to do a back alley deal with somebody possibly getting hurt, or worse.
I have many many references. Glad to offer privately to a direct buyer.

What is the source of material, virgin or refined cats? Also country of origin would be helpful.
In post #10, he states that it is mined material. To me, that means smelted ore concentrates. But then, what the hell do I know other than he has answered no questions of any importance.

Time for more coffee.

I-net does require a lot of anonymity. I feel the same way in some respects. However, If I was to purchase $50,000 in PMs, I would totally want to inspect it 100% chemically. Palladium is harder for me to do than Au. That is why I would only purchase from a known reputable house, or work some deal with one of the moderators, who would take on a re-refine project to verify quality, as stated. That will not happen, unless Juno would take a risk as well as myself, and Juno would have to take a loss percentage to have it verified. Anybody on the forum want to set up an escrow account business? That would weed out a lot of scammers, make the bank a few coins, and give a little more credence to this forum, if that is a direction it would like to take. My guess is no, but that would be a great way to make it big time. Imagine a reputable forum, a great group of knowledgable people, refining and brokering a high percentage of small scale, artisanal miner, various source metals, into a major player.
Be the internet bitcoin of PMs. Just thinking crazy thoughts out loud, thanks for reading.

I-net does require a lot of anonymity. I feel the same way in some respects. However, If I was to purchase $50,000 in PMs, I would totally want to inspect it 100% chemically. Palladium is harder for me to do than Au. That is why I would only purchase from a known reputable house, or work some deal with one of the moderators, who would take on a re-refine project to verify quality, as stated. That will not happen, unless Juno would take a risk as well as myself, and Juno would have to take a loss percentage to have it verified. Anybody on the forum want to set up an escrow account business? That would weed out a lot of scammers, make the bank a few coins, and give a little more credence to this forum, if that is a direction it would like to take. My guess is no, but that would be a great way to make it big time. Imagine a reputable forum, a great group of knowledgable people, refining and brokering a high percentage of small scale, artisanal miner, various source metals, into a major player.
Be the internet bitcoin of PMs. Just thinking crazy thoughts out loud, thanks for reading.
Put your $$$ in escrow, for a small fee your lawyer can handle the sale. If everything checks out as claimed by the seller the lawyer will release the funds from his/her trust account.

That's a darn good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back