Solid Palladium 99.972% - For Sale

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!! I expected better here, honestly, especially from Moderation. I have made all avenues available via FaceTime, videos, texting, and photos, etc. What should be kept in mind is the criminal activity that occurs when you go to meet someone and all the sudden there's 5 people or there's a no show and you're being followed home. I was a Jewelry store owner for over 34 years in West Palm Beach, FL. The safest and most reliable way is shipping to begin. Once there is an established amount of trust and reliability among both parties, then meet up all you wish. Let's not lean to one side more than the other. This is mined material and it is much better than anyone can expect. There are zero desires to misrepresent ones product nor their means here. Let's look at the overall picture, not the amateur self-serving side. Anyone who buys from me gets what they order this quickest possible route at my expense. I stand behind everything I sell and my product is the the highest quality material. I myself can provide over 4,000 very happy references which speak volumes to my validity.

Edit from moderator:
Image added after initial post.
I am in the West Palm Beach vicinity. What jewelry store did you own?

Let’s all calm down.

I’ve met some really incredible people through the GRF over the years. I’ve also met some real duds, jerks, and downright nasty people. I’m also probably one of the most opinionated members here and very self-confident in my assessment on PMs having had a lot of experiences over the years as I “grow up” every day in this industry. Literally learning something new every day. I see how I was so certain of this and that in old posts and now I look back and reflect that I was wrong, or my knowledge incomplete, or that someone else knew better.

So while I wasn’t exactly a believer in these Pd bars and still a doubting Tom, I’ve learned that people end up with precious metals—even large quantities of them—through interesting and not necessarily nefarious paths.

Palladium is an annoying metal to melt (a joy to refine, however) and fabricate. I asked my questions of OP because melting bars of palladium isn’t an easy task and special equipment is needed as well as special knowledge.

That said, I do think in a public place selling things, people should be open to some criticism and questions, especially when trying to dispose of a troublesome metal like Pd. I’ve certainly sold palladium to members here and one of those members was a manufacturing jeweler that I consider a great friend, even though that Pd sale was an unmitigated disaster for him! My metal didn’t work (for him) because I was ignorant on melting it and the hygiene required.

So Mr. Junobeacher,

Who (what entity) refined the palladium for you? I ask because I’m curious if they’re London Platinum and Palladium market members and accredited, or COMEX accredited.

Do you mind telling the forum at large how you got into the palladium business? I ask because any legitimate buyer would want to know something of the supply chain. In this country, our government requires that persons that trade in precious metals as “dealers”—which you would be considered Day 1 if you sold but one kilo bar—have a program/plan to prevent nefarious activities.

Do you mind telling us how you made these bars to the size and how you can custom melt these to whatever size? It would be really neat to see the furnace that it’s done in and would not just help with credibility but also be educational.
Lou, I will answer a few of your questions. Comex did play a part in refining these 1 kilo bars. Prior to that occurrence, this material was sorted and tested properly by a very large Corporation in Nevada after receiving directly from South America on my behalf.

As far as sharing how I arrived in the Palladium business, it was shear investing. This involved trips to the original mines and working with the right people to arrange such stability in price and transport. This entire process was very costly and time consuming. As far as reporting all sells, I do business properly and I am an American who pays his taxes.

As for custom melting, I cannot guarantee a precise melted bar other than the 1 kilo bars being offered. I can guarantee the product to be at 99% or better pure Palladium. I believe this is a more than far assessment into the product. The furnace, etc. are a private entity which I chose not to share.
how'd it get to juno beach ? :p
NOW WE ARE GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!!! GREAT QUESTION!!!!!!!

It appears I have a Brinks delivery receipt for 5,734 ounces. Once I configure the information I can actually share, I will be glad to post.

Just a few points before I close this thread:

1.) I (or anyone with an account) can pay Brinks $400 to drop off 5734 ounces of sand that you/I/your uncle's buddy's friend's pizza delivery guy called 99.9972 palladium. That Brinks receipt doesn't prove anything, unless it shows which COMEX-approved refiner it was shipped from and that is also accompanied by a packing list and series of certificates of analyses of the COMEX--accredited laboratory with each refining batch ticket listed on the COA and the packing list and the bottle and the bottles are sealed. Of course that's for sponge; if it were bars, they would have a master melt number referencing the serial numbers of the plate that was rolled to those bars.
2.) That someone would go to South America and bring material back here to be refined, and having passed all the due diligence at a prime refiner here, just being a mere jewelry shop owner, I find to be about 99.999% unlikely. I can't even ask JM/BASF/Heraeus/whomever to ship a customer platinum grain from my account to theirs and we've been vetted to the gills with an active and rigorous AML compliance program. I have to move it to their account and they have to request it be shipped to their address. It all has a chain of custody.
3.) No one said anything about paying taxes, what I was instead implying is that there are procedures for having precious metals refined and brought into market, procedures junobeacher7 seems to be completely ignorant about.
4.) COMEX Pd bars are contract sized, or 50 ounce troy. These are not those, most likely because they're not palladium.

Now, I'll give you 24 hours from now to apologize to the forum for wasting our time.

As i said: " melted metal in different shapes, each one different from the others"

Let’s all calm down.

I’ve met some really incredible people through the GRF over the years. I’ve also met some real duds, jerks, and downright nasty people. I’m also probably one of the most opinionated members here and very self-confident in my assessment on PMs having had a lot of experiences over the years as I “grow up” every day in this industry. Literally learning something new every day. I see how I was so certain of this and that in old posts and now I look back and reflect that I was wrong, or my knowledge incomplete, or that someone else knew better.

So while I wasn’t exactly a believer in these Pd bars and still a doubting Tom, I’ve learned that people end up with precious metals—even large quantities of them—through interesting and not necessarily nefarious paths.

Palladium is an annoying metal to melt (a joy to refine, however) and fabricate. I asked my questions of OP because melting bars of palladium isn’t an easy task and special equipment is needed as well as special knowledge.

That said, I do think in a public place selling things, people should be open to some criticism and questions, especially when trying to dispose of a troublesome metal like Pd. I’ve certainly sold palladium to members here and one of those members was a manufacturing jeweler that I consider a great friend, even though that Pd sale was an unmitigated disaster for him! My metal didn’t work (for him) because I was ignorant on melting it and the hygiene required.

So Mr. Junobeacher,

Who (what entity) refined the palladium for you? I ask because I’m curious if they’re London Platinum and Palladium market members and accredited, or COMEX accredited.

Do you mind telling the forum at large how you got into the palladium business? I ask because any legitimate buyer would want to know something of the supply chain. In this country, our government requires that persons that trade in precious metals as “dealers”—which you would be considered Day 1 if you sold but one kilo bar—have a program/plan to prevent nefarious activities.

Do you mind telling us how you made these bars to the size and how you can custom melt these to whatever size? It would be really neat to see the furnace that it’s done in and would not just help with credibility but also be educational.
Hi Lou, In your experience, is there a process suitable for a home refiner to bring Pt and Pd to better than 99.5% fineness?
I've followed Hoke's two step Pd refining and achieved 96.96% with Pt (1.93%) and Au (0.45%) making up the majority of the balance.

Also, to sequentially refine these metals to improve purity, is it necessary to convert the salts to sponge and then back through AR or can the salts be dissolved in HCl and reprecipitated as usual? Thank you, Alan

Hi Lou, In your experience, is there a process suitable for a home refiner to bring Pt and Pd to better than 99.5% fineness?
I've followed Hoke's two step Pd refining and achieved 96.96% with Pt (1.93%) and Au (0.45%) making up the majority of the balance.

Also, to sequentially refine these metals to improve purity, is it necessary to convert the salts to sponge and then back through AR or can the salts be dissolved in HCl and reprecipitated as usual? Thank you, Alan
This post do not belong in this thread.

They can be done at home but because of Pt’s strong sensitizing/allergenicity extreme care must be taken in the apparatus and procedures.

Just a few points before I close this thread:

1.) I (or anyone with an account) can pay Brinks $400 to drop off 5734 ounces of sand that you/I/your uncle's buddy's friend's pizza delivery guy called 99.9972 palladium. That Brinks receipt doesn't prove anything, unless it shows which COMEX-approved refiner it was shipped from and that is also accompanied by a packing list and series of certificates of analyses of the COMEX--accredited laboratory with each refining batch ticket listed on the COA and the packing list and the bottle and the bottles are sealed. Of course that's for sponge; if it were bars, they would have a master melt number referencing the serial numbers of the plate that was rolled to those bars.
2.) That someone would go to South America and bring material back here to be refined, and having passed all the due diligence at a prime refiner here, just being a mere jewelry shop owner, I find to be about 99.999% unlikely. I can't even ask JM/BASF/Heraeus/whomever to ship a customer platinum grain from my account to theirs and we've been vetted to the gills with an active and rigorous AML compliance program. I have to move it to their account and they have to request it be shipped to their address. It all has a chain of custody.
3.) No one said anything about paying taxes, what I was instead implying is that there are procedures for having precious metals refined and brought into market, procedures junobeacher7 seems to be completely ignorant about.
4.) COMEX Pd bars are contract sized, or 50 ounce troy. These are not those, most likely because they're not palladium.

Now, I'll give you 24 hours from now to apologize to the forum for wasting our time.
Thank you for sharing your experiences above Lou. But you're wrong. #4 is absolutely incorrect along with the rest. All anyone would need to do is. FaceTime. I have an XRF and I am open to share product. Instead the attack with words without physical proof is complete nonsense and unethical. These bars are palladium as stated. no one is trying to get over on anyone here. We'll leave that to the businesses that borrow product, take the fortune, then send you a check for pennies on the dollar. There seems to be a lot of those floating around these days. I asked you to reach out via phone and email and I would be willing to answer all questions. I'm not wasting your time and sure not going to waste mine. You declined. Why? So you could try set me up for failure?

what happened to the picture of the honest looking sailboat captain ? :p

sorry guys, i just can't help it.
some of ther threads are like watching a traincrash .
you just can't stop or get enough.
otherwise some very great and informative threads.

Edit by mod:
I merged the two posts

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Lou set you up for failure, you to a degree, did that yourself. We see all kinds of things on here, reread the drogues gallery, if you don't believe us. Only the 100% scrutable person is given a slim chance here, as it is mainly a refining forum, with people looking to sell usually smaller amounts of PMs. You are a big dog player, not very likely to get many takers here. Why not sell to the big houses? You state that you guarantee it is what you state, in writing, but nobody knows who you are, just Junobeacher. Not enough for me to risk 50 grand on. There are too many red flags that you put out, hence the opposition here.

They can be done at home but because of Pt’s strong sensitizing/allergenicity extreme care must be taken in the apparatus and procedures.
Thanks Lou, I've worked for many years in precious metal refining so I have a good understanding of equipment required and the risks of Platinosis with PGMs. It's more the AR dissolution process to get to >99.5% I'm interested in. Anyway, some members aren't happy for this discussion in this thread which is fair enough so I may start a new thread on the subject at some stage. Thanks again.

Relating to this thread however, I will say the pictures that Junobeacher first posted of the "lumpy" Pd bars do have every appearance of high grade Pd that has been allowed to absorb oxygen while melting and/or pouring. I don't know of any other metal that can create this appearance. Even simple granulation through water results in hollow Pd spheres. Silver also absorbs oxygen when molten which releases on cooling however this results in a very different appearance.

The attached picture is a 500g 98% Pd bar I cast, (graphite crucible, 15kW induction furnace open to air and without an inert cover gas). The surface ballooned up markedly as it cooled and the contained gas becomes obvious as entrained bubbles when the bar was cut. I don't doubt the bars pictured at the start of this thread are Pd but I have no opinion on the rest of the story. Best regards, Alan

Attachments

• 230217 Pd bar.jpg
    230217 Pd bar.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 0
Meant to close this but went on vacation.
Thank you for sharing your experiences above Lou. But you're wrong. #4 is absolutely incorrect along with the rest. All anyone would need to do is. FaceTime. I have an XRF and I am open to share product. Instead the attack with words without physical proof is complete nonsense and unethical. These bars are palladium as stated. no one is trying to get over on anyone here. We'll leave that to the businesses that borrow product, take the fortune, then send you a check for pennies on the dollar. There seems to be a lot of those floating around these days. I asked you to reach out via phone and email and I would be willing to answer all questions. I'm not wasting your time and sure not going to waste mine. You declined. Why? So you could try set me up for failure?
indeed and apparently some of my experiences do not COMEX deliverable bar make. So everyone can read it for themselves:
https://www.cmegroup.com/content/dam/cmegroup/rulebook/NYMEX/1a/106.pdf
And for Pt too:

https://www.cmegroup.com/content/dam/cmegroup/rulebook/NYMEX/1a/105.pdf
I will say all the Pd and Pt bars I ever saw were 50.xxx ounces troy. Pt is required to be that while Pd can range down to 10 oz bars as part of a 100 ounce trading contract.

I’ll happily eat my words on the rest. Show us the bars. Show the brinks receipt. Who made them!

Thanks Lou, I've worked for many years in precious metal refining so I have a good understanding of equipment required and the risks of Platinosis with PGMs. It's more the AR dissolution process to get to >99.5% I'm interested in. Anyway, some members aren't happy for this discussion in this thread which is fair enough so I may start a new thread on the subject at some stage. Thanks again.

Relating to this thread however, I will say the pictures that Junobeacher first posted of the "lumpy" Pd bars do have every appearance of high grade Pd that has been allowed to absorb oxygen while melting and/or pouring. I don't know of any other metal that can create this appearance. Even simple granulation through water results in hollow Pd spheres. Silver also absorbs oxygen when molten which releases on cooling however this results in a very different appearance.

The attached picture is a 500g 98% Pd bar I cast, (graphite crucible, 15kW induction furnace open to air and without an inert cover gas). The surface ballooned up markedly as it cooled and the contained gas becomes obvious as entrained bubbles when the bar was cut. I don't doubt the bars pictured at the start of this thread are Pd but I have no opinion on the rest of the story. Best regards, Alan
He could have cut and pasted any picture from the internet, or any picture from anywhere for that matter. The fact is, he sent up too many red flags.

My major concerns are two things. First, the professionally cast bars of some metal - apparently sloppily melted down into misshapen lumps. Second, no hall marks, serial numbers, purity, metal identification, weights or other identification on the bars that is required by (as far as I have been able to determine) in every country in South America. Nor have I seen signs of an assay certificates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back