Time for a competition

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold your horses a little while longer, I'm going to think about this over the weekend. This is dead serious.

:lol:

bigpagoda said:
This is killing me. I've never done the "fuzzies" before so I can't really guess but I want to know!!!! Hope you took pictures.

Ditto, me too, and I can't wait to find out myself.

Well here it comes.
My totally uneducated guesstimate :D :mrgreen:

1.) 4h (Leach only)
2.) 3 l (2.5-liters + addition used 6 rounds, I don't know much about fuzzies size, weight or such)
3.) 36.3 g (I didn't dare going higher, since I don't expect Jon to be in kahoots with Merlin in the alchemy division)
4.) 10 l (rounded from 9 liters (2 washes times 3 liters + leach liquor))

I guess I have to give my 2 cents to contribute to the fun :lol:

Dr.xyz said:
Hold your horses a little while longer, I'm going to think about this over the weekend. This is dead serious.

:lol:

Just waiting for your numbers then I'll close this one off and post the results.

Not an educated guess, just for grins.
4 hours
1 liter
64 g
3 liters

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

markscomp said:
how much did the fuzzies weigh if the fuzzies could weigh fuzzies?
serious what was weight of just fuzzies ? no bag or container?

No idea I didnt bother weighing them. I counted them as per the initial description. The way I did them is in that too Mark.

my best guess

close to 4 hours into sol.
1 gallon or enough to cover the material which depends on the container 3800 ml?
63 g or roughly 2,250 ppm based on roughly 6.5 lbs of material
1.5 gal of waste material or 5700 ml or 1.5 times the amount to cover the material

I get by with a little help from my friends :p

audited by the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe LLP

OK, revelation time.

1) One working day.
2) 1l (or less if you are good)
3) 70.1g
4) 2l (or less if you are good)

Dr.xyz said:
OK, revelation time.

1) One working day.
2) 1l (or less if you are good)
3) 70.1g
4) 2l (or less if you are good)

If I'm good? *chuckles* Right ho.

What about trade offs? Yes it could be possibly done in under a litre however it would take far longer and be less time efficient- and I'm not sure that this would make it "being good."

So the trade off is to get a balance between volume and time and in my humble opinion achieving that balance is the "good" bit rather than just achieving one piece of the picture.

Hi guys

Results time (with explanations)

1. How long did it take (in hours) to get the gold into solution. 2 hours 20 minutes from prepping the beakers to finishing the dissolve.
2. How many litres of solution did it take to get these into solution. 5.8 litres (see below)
3. How much gold did I get? 82.2g of gold. 4 x 9 on first drop and clean using Dean's method of washing.
4. How many litres of overall waste were generated? That includes solution, washing, everything. 7.1 litres including water washes.

Notes:

I ran this in premixed AR- initially each beaker contained 2 litres HCL, 0.5 litres water, and 200 ml of HNO3. The temperature was built up to, and ran at approx 70 degrees C.

The balance I was looking for was to get the product dissolved in quick time in a reasonable volume of liquid. It was more of a commercial approach where time is money rather than one where there was all the time in the world.

Pic of the filtered pregnant AR ready to drop is below. Thanks everyone for taking part.

Hmm who was closest guys?

Attachments

• fuzzy AR.JPG
    fuzzy AR.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 54
Hi Jon,

That's very cool, and a nice yield. Thanks for sharing.

Now where did I put that bag of fuzzies... oh, yeah... I don't have one :cry:

Time to count my fuzzies up! I had thought that the last time these were discussed on the forum everyone concluded that the yields on these were outstanding, some claims too good to be true. I have to ask, did you re-weigh the plastic to try to find out what just the fuzzies weighed?

Back