African Seller

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My friend, someone might be looking for buyers for commission, not everyone who sells gold is the owner of the mine or the owner of the gold. Not every person selling gold knows how to smelt or even mine..their are always first timers in every business/field

My friend, someone might be looking for buyers for commission, not everyone who sells gold is the owner of the mine or the owner of the gold. Not every person selling gold knows how to smelt or even mine..their are always first timers in every business/field
Why would a mine owner need a middleman to liquidate his gold let alone a first-timer without any technical ability?
I have yet to see anyone start from scratch without working his way up the ladder.
Unfortunately, there is the real world and the world someone would like you to believe in constructed purely for their own profit.
Gold at a discount is the oldest fairytale in the book.
From the story of "Puss in Boots" where the streets of London were paved with gold to every alchemist over the past two and a half thousand years.
What amazes me is that this has been costing people fortunes since The Comte de Saint Germain and still people are falling for it.
Sadly fools who will part with their money are far more common than gold itself which is why people who can not make an honest living mine fools instead of gold.

Please enlighten me on how or the best way I can sell my gold without being thought of being a scammer? I believe you can advise me and others like me in the forum.
REALITY CHECK: Hi i'm a suspected scammer nobody seems to trust and i just presented you with the most ugly porous "gold?" bar ever on this forum to sell to you, so can you all tell me how I can fool you all into believing I'm not a scammer?

Well, if you start with explaining us....hmmmm

YEAH RIGHT.. not happening

We're also not explaining how to make explosives from the chemicals we deal with..

Anyway.. It sure is entertaining.

Have you been to Africa before?
As Martijn said here and I said in my first post in this thread.
YOU will have to convince us that you are legit, no easy task since you come from the most scam ridden part of a continent ridden by scams.
It may be possible, or not, but then you will have to work for it.

As Martijn said here and I said in my first post in this thread.
YOU will have to convince us that you are legit, no easy task since you come from the most scam ridden part of a continent ridden by scams.
It may be possible, or not, but then you will have to work for it.
1673352756836.png

Have you been to Africa before?
Helped crew cargo aircraft in the 90s helping people leave.
Landed, walked around the aircraft, oversaw loading then got back in and left.
We used to have to leave the cargo area of the aircraft un-pressurized for the first two or three hours so any wildlife that stowed away would not become agitated and aggressive.
One of the other cargo supervisors found a Mamba on his flight which concerned us greatly.
I dread to think about the security I would need to be safe there.

I'm not a buyer and have no plan to be, but this do not increase my confidence.
How are the rules for taxes and export licenses and how are they enforced is a place to start.
Paying outside the refinery is a disaster waiting to happen, actually paying outside any system is a disaster waiting to happen.
Cash is only for the ones with the biggest guns and armies.
Money need to be traceable and Gold needs to be traceable.

Edit for spelling

This thread has been very entertaining. Having Raydenintl make feeble attempts at convincing the most knowledgeable bunch of skeptics on the planet that he is legitimate has been comedy of the highest order.

I still can not tell if this is amateur hour or simply a bad attempt at fraud.

Time for more coffee.

That is inherent property of gold... It attracts the worst in most people. Concentrated value in hand too often means that people will be more willing to bend the laws, enforce their will with violence, or simply rob or scam other people. Bitcoin, drugs, cats, precious metals... Obviating the laws and regulations, not paying taxes, flee of the capital outside the country (which is being dramatically ripped off)... And that is why poor countries with plentiful natural resources aren´t usually rich. And if they somehow become rich, it is not due to these resources.

I am completely repelled by these things and people. Not only in Africa, I encountered unhealthy bunch of crooks also at my home country. Trying to liquidate questionably obtained (I am sure 90% of times stolen or scamed from other people, but I will name it "lightly" as just questionable source) cats, karat, bags of silverware... And when you politely say no, they start to threaten you. It was the main reason I stopped offering refining service to anybody. I wiped all of my announcements from webpages, cut contacts with these toxic people, and I am fine now :)
Certainly better than some 3 folks appearing for a meeting at cafe (their choice) with a bag full of carat, wanting it to be refined and payed out in 2 days, because they need it right now.. :D Saying, I can refine it in two days, but no way I can get together 5 digits in cash in two days. Go to this refinery I said, they will even pay you better - straigh NO from them, without explanation - and their looks on their faces :D persumably, refinery will need ID and pay to the account, not cash...

Or guy with back of the car full of cut cats... Asking for payout in cash right on the place :D I am so angry at myself that I didn´t called the cops, but I was alone, unarmed, too afraid and young at the moment. Oh geez, I am so glad that I stopped refining big time. Very, very uncomfortable situations. Not willing to participate in this shady business by any chance. Sticked to few reliable and trustworthy customers, small ammounts of mainly e-scrap, happy now.
It´s sad, because I really liked the actual refining and this job, I think I did it OK, good recoveries, no dumping the green liquid to the river, all nicely decontaminated, base metals reclaimed... Poured bar to the hand of the owner... This part of it I really really enjoyed. Built up quite a bit of skills along the way, confidence in scale up chemistry I needed.

Last edited:
And not everyone selling gold knows how to sell gold. Apparently.

Where was it all mined? The local retirement home? Do you have proof?

'Choose from refinery in kampala' are you saying those ugly things went through a refinery? Great buisiness plan.

But since we're mostly discussion refining, how pure are those ugly moon rocks? Pure gold sells better than painted aluminium blocks.

That is inherent property of gold... It attracts the worst in most people. Concentrated value in hand too often means that people will be more willing to bend the laws, enforce their will with violence, or simply rob or scam other people. Bitcoin, drugs, cats, precious metals... Obviating the laws and regulations, not paying taxes, flee of the capital outside the country (which is being dramatically ripped off)... And that is why poor countries with plentiful natural resources aren´t usually rich. And if they somehow become rich, it is not due to these resources.

I am completely repelled by these things and people. Not only in Africa, I encountered unhealthy bunch of crooks also at my home country. Trying to liquidate questionably obtained (I am sure 90% of times stolen or scamed from other people, but I will name it "lightly" as just questionable source) cats, karat, bags of silverware... And when you politely say no, they start to threaten you. It was the main reason I stopped offering refining service to anybody. I wiped all of my announcements from webpages, cut contacts with these toxic people, and I am fine now :)
Certainly better than some 3 folks appearing for a meeting at cafe (their choice) with a bag full of carat, wanting it to be refined and payed out in 2 days, because they need it right now.. :D Saying, I can refine it in two days, but no way I can get together 5 digits in cash in two days. Go to this refinery I said, they will even pay you better - straigh NO from them, without explanation - and their looks on their faces :D persumably, refinery will need ID and pay to the account, not cash...

Or guy with back of the car full of cut cats... Asking for payout in cash right on the place :D I am so angry at myself that I didn´t called the cops, but I was alone, unarmed, too afraid and young at the moment. Oh geez, I am so glad that I stopped refining big time. Very, very uncomfortable situations. Not willing to participate in this shady business by any chance. Sticked to few reliable and trustworthy customers, small ammounts of mainly e-scrap, happy now.
It´s sad, because I really liked the actual refining and this job, I think I did it OK, good recoveries, no dumping the green liquid to the river, all nicely decontaminated, base metals reclaimed... Poured bar to the hand of the owner... This part of it I really really enjoyed. Built up quite a bit of skills along the way, confidence in scale up chemistry I needed.
Good terms and conditions help scare off the crooks.
Also, the police do not necessarily want you to turn these people away.
In the UK the National Criminal Intelligence Service (NCIS) actually ask you to facilitate such people so they can build a case.
They expect proper records and accounts in any case so they can visit you and see what a person of interest has been doing.
It is only by bringing information from a number of places together that they can build a good case.
One example of someone selling stolen jewelry or Catalytic converters is barely worth their time to investigate.
But if you have been to every buyer in southwest England and sold a substantial amount of material that shows a pattern of criminality that will lead back to a larger organization.
They are focused on the most dangerous and destructive elements of society and organized gangs.
I have had only one client in ten years who was proven to have been a thief.
A detective Sargent came in, and went through my records. Took about £300 worth of unprocessed jewelry and seemed quite happy with how my system works. Never heard anything further about it.
Had people demanding money with menaces, but I was a doorman at some of the worst clubs in Plymouth so that was their mistake.
I already had dealings from a professional standpoint with most of the worst offenders in Devon so they know to stay away from me.

Good terms and conditions help scare off the crooks.
Also, the police do not necessarily want you to turn these people away.
In the UK the National Criminal Intelligence Service (NCIS) actually ask you to facilitate such people so they can build a case.
They expect proper records and accounts in any case so they can visit you and see what a person of interest has been doing.
It is only by bringing information from a number of places together that they can build a good case.
One example of someone selling stolen jewelry or Catalytic converters is barely worth their time to investigate.
But if you have been to every buyer in southwest England and sold a substantial amount of material that shows a pattern of criminality that will lead back to a larger organization.
They are focused on the most dangerous and destructive elements of society and organized gangs.
I have had only one client in ten years who was proven to have been a thief.
A detective Sargent came in, and went through my records. Took about £300 worth of unprocessed jewelry and seemed quite happy with how my system works. Never heard anything further about it.
Had people demanding money with menaces, but I was a doorman at some of the worst clubs in Plymouth so that was their mistake.
I already had dealings from a professional standpoint with most of the worst offenders in Devon so they know to stay away from me.
That is true.
Afterall, these experiences changed my view about this business, and it was so repeling and frightening in the same time, I couldn´t help myself, but just stop it and focus only on reliable and stable business. With reliable people, who does not come with baggy of karat, asking for money. From time to time, some old "contacts" are trying to approach me and "strike a deal of my life"... Not interested at all. Capitalizing on someone´s else sawed cat, which replacement cost them 1000 bucks... No, thanks.

Never was a case with me. As a skinny and short young guy, I wouldn´t stand a chance :D if it was a refining tournament, maybe, but 3vs1 on the parking lot... Not happening :D

Back