African Seller

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is true.
Afterall, these experiences changed my view about this business, and it was so repeling and frightening in the same time, I couldn´t help myself, but just stop it and focus only on reliable and stable business. With reliable people, who does not come with baggy of karat, asking for money. From time to time, some old "contacts" are trying to approach me and "strike a deal of my life"... Not interested at all. Capitalizing on someone´s else sawed cat, which replacement cost them 1000 bucks... No, thanks.

Never was a case with me. As a skinny and short young guy, I wouldn´t stand a chance :D if it was a refining tournament, maybe, but 3vs1 on the parking lot... Not happening :D
Pretty much the first level of screening should be is this person likely to kill me in any situation.
If the answer is yes for any situation less than you threatening him and his family with death it would probably be best operational practice to cut all ties with that individual.
Goodbye to all the Chinese and Rushen operators, far too many of their vague associates fall under trains and drink poisonous tea.
Likewise, any of the unsecured nations, as to even visit is likely to result in a ransom demand and swift beheading.
There are no free meals much as we would like one to make itself known.
Small local criminals are no real problem if you are concerned help the authorities.
We do have a moral obligation to help stop evil men.
This is not without risk but also has rewards.
A good working relationship with local authorities will help lubricate your journey and if ever anything is called into question you will find the weight will tend to be on your side instead of someone who has been less than helpful.
The sale of second-hand jewelry has helped to catch thousands of murderers and other abusive people if managed correctly.

Pretty much the first level of screening should be is this person likely to kill me in any situation.
If the answer is yes for any situation less than you threatening him and his family with death it would probably be best operational practice to cut all ties with that individual.
Goodbye to all the Chinese and Rushen operators, far too many of their vague associates fall under trains and drink poisonous tea.
Likewise, any of the unsecured nations, as to even visit is likely to result in a ransom demand and swift beheading.
There are no free meals much as we would like one to make itself known.
Small local criminals are no real problem if you are concerned help the authorities.
We do have a moral obligation to help stop evil men.
This is not without risk but also has rewards.
A good working relationship with local authorities will help lubricate your journey and if ever anything is called into question you will find the weight will tend to be on your side instead of someone who has been less than helpful.
The sale of second-hand jewelry has helped to catch thousands of murderers and other abusive people if managed correctly.
Fortunately, it never gone that far in my case, but I do know one guy here, who was threatened by some local criminal network. They break his car windows, vandalize his front door etc. He and his family were eventually get security guards, and fortunately enough evidence was collected to plead them guilty. Not in the heaviest charges (stolen material from businesses and jewellery), but still something.

Nicely said.

Fortunately, it never gone that far in my case, but I do know one guy here, who was threatened by some local criminal network. They break his car windows, vandalize his front door etc. He and his family were eventually get security guards, and fortunately enough evidence was collected to plead them guilty. Not in the heaviest charges (stolen material from businesses and jewellery), but still something.

Nicely said.
I miss the bad old days.
Back in the day, there was a certain level of integrity.
Most of the boys that are robbing people now would have been treated to a semtex suppository.
Used to be even criminals would not target everyday people only large almost criminal enterprises such as the bank of England.
Such a thing as bringing shame to the game that most today do not understand.

Have you been to Africa before?
I have many friends who have been to Africa. Out of 10, only one came back stating they had a pleasurable experience. The ones who lived there, and have since moved, left for the simple reason that they knew they would eventually be killed. Others have reported being sprayed with starting ether, while sleeping in their beds in hotels, and then robbed. If one was to try purchasing Au there, the chances of getting burned is very good. Most of us have learned by now, you don't make transactions in a parking lot. Gold makes people do things they ordinarily wouldn't do. It brings out the worst kind of greed. If you are a legitimate business, you go through the proper channels to protect everybody in the deal.
A middle man would be on the hook for any discrepancies. Yes, there are some fast movers out there, but eventually their luck will run out, usually ending in a very bad ending.
Best to run the straight and narrow, please heed these words.

Back