All about sulfides rocksmashmouth

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better yet; try to concentrate placer gold from the soil. Then ask how to proceed.
Don't treat soil with acids like AR for health reasons.
But you had a precipitate. That should be gold. And now you go look for more soil?
take a step back and start reading some prospecting and placer concentrating. (not much of that found on this forum btw)

Something that turns yellow and disappears in a melt sounds like sulfur or other possible nasty stuff that goes up in smoke. Don't experiment with that. It's dangerous.
I am working on the current soil, but I am also looking for a better soil. I meant this. I roasted the sediment for an hour before melting it with air gas.So elements like sulfur, lead, mercury, etc. are not

I am working on the current soil, but I am also looking for a better soil. I meant this. I roasted the sediment for an hour before melting it with air gas.So elements like sulfur, lead, mercury, etc. are not
Sulfur is not particularly dangerous, just offensive.
Mercury and Arsenic on the other hand are dangerous and not very offensive.
I'm not sure one hour is enough, but anyway you will poison the area you are working in.
What temperature are you using?

Practice concentrating it and then you might be better off smelting it.

Sulfur is not particularly dangerous, just offensive.
Mercury and Arsenic on the other hand are dangerous and not very offensive.
I'm not sure one hour is enough, but anyway you will poison the area you are working in.
What temperature are you using?

Practice concentrating it and then you might be better off smelting it.
Hello, the roasting temperature was around 600 degrees because the steel bowl was fried from below

So you are treating half a gram at the time?
I think we are miscommunicating here.
How many grams did you roast at the time?
Sir, you misunderstood my meaning, I didn't roast the soil, but I roasted the sediment of zinc cement, it was about half a gram of black sediment.

Sir, you misunderstood my meaning, I didn't roast the soil, but I roasted the sediment of zinc cement, it was about half a gram of black sediment.
Zinc vapors can have VERY serious health effects, if inhaled. You need to study more here on the various processes in the library section. Some books on ore beneficiation would also do wonders, but are not available here, due to this being a refining site. There is way too much to write, to give you all the information you need to process ore into metals. I have read 100's of books on the subject, to get an education on the subject. Been doing it for 50 years, and still have the occasional question. Despite the vision of striking it rich easily, mining is 1 of the hardest ways to make a living, and you will earn every penny, should you be 1 of the very few who make a profit.Refining scrap will earn you more money than mining will, statistically.

Latest posts

Back