All important metals recovered from electronics

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amongst the Awesome things about C.M. Hoke is how she condensed seriously complicated chemistry into processes that anyone can do, and end up with precious metals - that is sheer Genius.

I'm extremely happy that she wrote those books.

Turns out that a bit of chemistry knowledge is pretty much useless - need to know the whole kaboodle before branching off on wierd, untested paths.

aga said:
Turns out that a bit of chemistry knowledge is pretty much useless - need to know the whole kaboodle before branching off on wierd, untested paths.

Ahhh. Learn you have young padawan. :lol:

I seem to recall saying something to that effect when you first joined, and now you get where I was coming from.

Lou said:
It's a redox reaction, if we're picking pepper and both sulfuric acid wnd nitrous oxide are the main products. N2O escaping pushes the equilibrium towards producing sulfuric acid, which is a stronger acid than nitric and by far than sulfamic. Consider the laughing gas a leaving group.

Yep, this is pretty much what I was getting at, but recognised it was not worth arguing about just so I could win fake internet points. Always a pain when you try to help and the grf hivemind turns against you.

kernels said:
Always a pain when you try to help and the grf hivemind turns against you.
Quick ! Everyone ! Protect the Queen ! Protect the Brood ! Protect the Honey !

Nah. It's not like that, just there are people here who really do know what they're talking about.

(clearly not me)

Accept the info as intended instead of something personal.

Latest posts

Back