ap question

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drowningbodacius

So I've been doing some research and its lead to a interesting question. I've read that when you use AL to drop the CU out of The solution, the AL replaces the cu to form Al chloride. Now after I filter and siphon the copper out of The solution I'm left with al chloride I think. Is there anyway to recover.the al out of the solution?

Aluminum smelters are huge consumers of electrical power. Unless you happen to own a hydroelectric dam I would consider it gone for good. :mrgreen:

the cases are steel of course, the aluminum I use to drop my solution comes from the heatsinks in the power convertor and from scrap aluminum from my job. i also get scrap copper from my work too :lol:

Using aluminum in this case is a bad idea, and forget about filtering that gelatin sludge, aluminum metal sells for good money at the scrap yard, aluminum waste is almost impossible to dry and deal with, aluminum and acid evolves explosive hydrogen gas, just a bad idea in my opinion.

Iron will cement copper, and if for some reason you have values that got this far they can be recovered from the copper.
The copper can be reused if cleaned up in other recovery processes. Cementing with Iron is just a better idea in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back