ap

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onewally

yeah did my first batch of fingers went great i got a several gram chunck of sponge i guess u call it goin to do pins now i used ap method as some of u know my first first attempt was premature best advice i can give anyone is read read read and safety ....i always where my eyesaftey weither goggles glasses or full face sheild and chem res gloves...but when doing pins my ap went to a brown color i have air running through it ....after 12hrs i changed the solution emerald green for a few minutes then almost black i added more h2o2 3% (if im saying right hydrogen proxide) green for a min then back to almost black i letting sit for the next 12hrs ....i know that ap can be used with air supply for a while but wont it hit a wall? at some point wont it hold all the basemetal it can and have to be changed? i got 2 air hoses in it now dont know if more air would help or if i should change my liquid out?

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    1.2 MB
brown AP solution is a sign that its saturated with copper. you have too much metal and not enough solution. you can decant the solution into another container and and add fresh solution or place the air source in the old solution and wait for it to clear to green and then replace it. instead of adding more oxidizer, add more hcl.

onewally,
I see a gold button in your hand in the near future, looks like you have been busy learning, good job nice foils keep it up.
Laser Steve's web site has a document that explains the copper II chloride leach (HCl acid peroxide), how it works and how to rejuvenate it.

Latest posts

Back