Aqua Regia with Sodium Sulphide precipitation

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know why I thought of that. Seems like I read something about thermal oxidizers or something like that. Metals that release oxygen when decomposed at high temperatures. It may not have even been zinc. I really need some kind of database where I can store and retrieve information when I need it. Well, one day we will all have something like that in our homes.

goldsilverpro said:
joubjonn said:
I think he's talking about the lead button in fire assay. I think

So much chemicals for that. I just can't see the profit. Unless you get free chemicals and have a lot of time with it. And then convincing a buyer of your 1 gram button of 24kt gold. Reduce that material some how. Make life easier for you.
I agree with joubjonn. If you could reduce the amount of material somehow (gravity; flotation; incineration; etc.) before using the chemicals, it would sure be better. Do you know what form the gold is in in the original material? Gold metal? If it really is from a plating shop, it is more likely to be a dried gold salt, such as potassium gold cyanide. If that's the case, it may be only partially soluble in aqua regia, if at all.

yes I suppose gold is in dust form and the material is I think is dust or floor sweep. That is the reason the average is so low. As I said earlier that I am getting the material cheap and my friend is probably getting it for free so thats why he is not disclosing the source. Regarding the incineration I already burned it before processing with chemicals.

I just can't imagine trying to process that much material for the amount in it

I get annoyed with 1 gram of gold in 100 grams of incinerated IC concentrate after removing the ash. I almost don't even want to deal with it sometimes.

Latest posts

Back