AR black cloud

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godofwar

as my gold dissolves in ar i am getting a black cloud...... thoughts????

CPU 1997 5:1 ratio

i have ready many possibilities with AR reactions ......

if i get no answers i will test after is dissolves what i have in it and take the proper steps..... figured with active nitric waist to try now

do they alloy copper in gold or you talking already dissolved in solution.. and i am just seeing the actual concentration of gold in the ar before it mixes evenly

wouldn't that mean my nitric may be weakening due to the copper

If you are working on pin's or something like that the AR will dissolve the base metals like copper before it dissolves your gold. and if the solution is saturated enough with base metals the copper will cement out the gold.

duh du duhhhhhhh..... yeah maybe i should have thought a little more before i typed ...... there had to been something under some gold that AP didn't get oh well guess i will wait for reaction to stop or pull it cement/drop then fresh AR

ok

pulled CPU soaked in HCl no reaction except free gold from residual nitric i am guessing ....
dropped SMB on first AR solution reaction showing nitric still present set copper pipe to cement...

after HCl bath rinsed with distilled water into HCl...
set aside mixed up clean batch of AR and reaction exactly the same... same cloud everything

something is in there that will only react in AR.....

Latest posts

Back