ar containing gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

being tired of adding urea or adding hcl 3times to reduce hno3 to hno2 in order to precipitate the gold with smb(and never sure that all gold precipitated) i did the following: to the ar solution i add 50cc of hydrazine and the solution becomes brown immediatelly---if you heat up to 50centigrate and then let it cool,all gold drops as beautifull brown powder in the botton of the becker---after filtrating and testing the now barren solution the sncl2 tests shows that the solution is clear(no gold)----it works also with formic acid,but the precipitating is slower,one have to heat the ar solution and elevate the ph(with naoh or nh4oh )to 5 or 6------all the gold present will also precipitate---
one need not have to be bothered if the hno3 is to much in the ar or if it was previouly eliminated
thanks all for the attention
Arthur

Arthur
You can take a piece of copper and put into solution. All metals like Au, Ag , Pd go to the botton of your solution. Or Take Ag and so all gold come down. You must take care when you put so much AR into the metals. You must put a little AR, slow and stir well the solution. AR ( mine is 4 parts of HCl and 1 part of HNO3). it better to put small quantities of AR than put a great quantity. So, use AR take a time to react with the metal and after filter the solution , put again other AR into the metal.

can you elaborate on the reaction...would neutralized Hydroxyl Amine HCL work(NH2OH:HCl) What about hydroquinone? Any one think any danger with nitric?

DNIndustry said:
can you elaborate on the reaction...would neutralized Hydroxyl Amine HCL work(NH2OH:HCl) What about hydroquinone? Any one think any danger with nitric?
Safety
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroxylamine
Hydroxylamine may explode on heating. It is an irritant to the respiratory tract, skin, eyes, and other mucous membranes. It may be absorbed through the skin, is harmful if swallowed, and is a possible mutagen.

-snip-

The nitrate salt, hydroxylammonium nitrate, is being researched as a rocket propellant, both in water solution as a monopropellant and in its solid form as a solid propellant.

Not me.

Latest posts

Back