AuCi monovalent

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason357

My name is Reshaud and this is my first post on this forum. My question is, if I dissolve 24karat gold in Hci/bleach without heating the solution will it produce AuCi monovalent? Is AuCi monovalent non soluble in Hci/bleach and is it a white powder? I used 37% Hci. And also, how much longer does it take for the gold to dissolve if you do not heat the solution.

Welcome to the forum, as far as i know there is no element with th abbreviation Ci. do you mean Cl? and HCl?

Assuming you mean AuCl3
it will form in both cold and hot AR.
I can only get <10% HCl since a couple years, and it works.

The questions you ask tell me you need to keep this on a theoretical level for now, and study Hoke's and this forum until you can present us with a plan how to proceed so we can review and warn you of any problems and flaws.

Martijn.

Welcome to the forum, as far as i know there is no element with th abbreviation Ci. do you mean Cl? and HCl?

Assuming you mean AuCl3

The questions you ask tell me you need to keep this on a theoretical level for now, and study Hoke's and this forum until you can present us with a plan how to proceed so we can review and warn you of any problems and flaws.

Martijn.
Is AuCl monovalent a white powder that's my real question?

Reshaud. What form is this 24k Karat gold in please? also when are you getting white powder? On dissolve?

If you're using HCl/Bleach add some more water and see if the white powder dissolves.

It seems Jason357 joined, stayed for a little more than an hour and decided to leave for good. His reason is listed below.

Jason357 has started his account deletion process
Deletion reason: I'm to enlightened to communicate with you bozos
End date: Jul 31, 2024

in this case I side with the bozo's!

Assuming you mean AuCl3

Marti

It seems Jason357 joined, stayed for a little more than an hour and decided to leave for good. His reason is listed below.

You guys are cops. Who else would track someone for leaving a site, if they are truly enlightened? That's something a cop would do.

Gold(1) chloride, is a toxic yellow crystalline solid, in case the "enlightened" one comes back from the dark before he poisons himself or someone else with his vast knowledge.
Actually AuCl monovalent is an off white substance, but thanks for being a bozo in public.

Reshaud. What form is this 24k Karat gold in please? also when are you getting white powder? On dissolve?

If you're using HCl/Bleach add some more water and see if the white powder dissolves.
Thanks your suggestion worked. I was just wondering if the white powder was a result of using room temperature hcl/bleach and not heating.

You mean you side with your fellow brother in Blue.

He needs accommodating.

Sorry for approaching the Throne without Permission, but this is a game of Musical chairs. It's time for you to find another Seat Pal ⚡

Checking my reason for deletion could be seen as a invasion of right to privacy, but what's privacy to a bozo with a badge right.
Please stop this.
An admin informed a member who asked you a question that you deleted your account, and thus probably wont reply.

Thank you 4metals.

he might have gotten a notification of your departure. Don't get paraniod over it.

We are here to help, and inform.

In chemistry things are often overlooked that can matter a lot.

Back to your case.

Latest posts

Back