Best method to strip and refine fingers from board

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, Welcome to the Forum mu50stang!

The process has been discused several times on the forum. You can try searching the forum for your answers. Also, I would encourage you to visit lazersteves website and watch his videos. He goes through the whole process. http://www.goldrecovery.us/

Hoke's book is recommended reading as well. Here is a copy. http://tinyurl.com/3h85c3

You can search the book section for more information.

Mustang,

The Gold videos section has the AP video which shows all the steps to process the fingers.

Next you'll watch the HCl-Cl video, then the SMB video, and finally the melting video.

Steve

If your intentions are fingers, then his tutorial will get you going in the right direction. Also, Hokes book is a great resourse as well, it's the "bible" of gold refining.

If this is your first batch start small just to get used to the chemicals.

Do the reaction in a small container like a mason jar or beaker just to get the feel of it.

Don't be too concerned with the yields your first time.

Steve

Ok. I looked at your video and you used two buckets to keep the big solids seperate. If I use a mason jar how can I accomplish this or do i need to do this.

With just a few fingers, stand them up in the jar so they lean against the side of the reaction vessel.
Cover the fingers 3/4 of the way over with 31.45% HCl.
Finish covering the remaining 1/4 of the material with 3% H2O2.
As the reaction strips the foils pull the individual stripped finger cards and rinse them with a spray bottle.

This small scale reaction may take as little as 48 hours.

When all the fiberglass boards are removed, process the foils as previously described in the video.

Steve

I am having trouble assessing the gold refining video web site.
Any one have suggestion?

I want reclaim gold fingers this weekend to buy supplies for the bigger items.

still same error. see bleow

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<Web>

<configuration>
<system>
<customErrors>
</system>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<Web>

<configuration>
<system>
<customErrors>
</system>
</configuration>

Please check it now..

I working on some new pages that may be causing the errors.

9:15 PM CST

Steve

worked for me now.
I guess I need to order those Dvd's to help keep Steves web site working,
It doen't look like I'm gonna ever get caught up on the bills, they just keep coming, every time I get one paid I find another one in the mailbox. :shock:

stormy: I don't know if your problem is the same one that I had. All the videos I tried to watch turned off before completion. I solved the problem by shutting down my Zone Alarm firewall.

Emil

Latest posts

Back