*Best offer* 1128g One /Two Piece BGAs, QFPs on Ebay

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TreySeaJax said:
Silve,

Maybe it is just me but it the picture those look prewashed. I am not as advanced as the others in refining skills, but the gold plating on the chip is the low hanging fruit even I can pick.

The gold is inside the chips, you cannot see it.

The gold plated connector pins on the outside. I know there are thin wires inside. I have busted some up. Not many, but was told to beware of prewashed chips if I was going to buy them. I don't but them I pull them off the motherboards myself and the tiny gold plated pins that connect them are there and easy to process. You can soak them whole to get the external pins quickly and bust them later.

I notice I did not say pins and these are not the kind with the plating on the outside like Intel 386s. The non plated tops have an acid washed look to them also and what's with the x marks on them?

They are not worth the same without the external pins...

Wrong type of chips... those haven't been leached and most are pretty high yield. The majority of the gold is inside and these are not processed the same way as ceramics.

So these little feet that connect to the board are what?

Slowing down, studying, taking advice, learning

Thank you

Attachments

• 20180731_174822.jpg
    20180731_174822.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 180
  • 20180731_174702.jpg
    20180731_174702.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 180
  • 20180731_174813.jpg
    20180731_174813.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 180
Here is a link for you, the rest you will have to search for;

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11827

Thanks jimdoc,

So those are basically just solder. I had read the entire topic you referred me to yesterday. It was enlightning and as I do have some of those, I am looking forward to processing them.

The cpu chips do have pins and were easy to process. Thank you for the respectful response.

Just don't rush into things. Save up enough to be worth processing, and know how to do it and what you should expect from the amount processed.

TreySeaJax said:
So these little feet that connect to the board are what?

Slowing down, studying, taking advice, learning

Thank you

Hey TreySeaJax, when you rip of BGAs from the board (by force), you also rip off pads from the PCB. Than it looks like in your images.

My material is desoldered so it doesn't have those "litte connectors" as you've mentioned. The gold you want is in the bond wires inside the chip anyway. Basically you'll get a better gold/kg ratio witch my lot.

Slive

Those 'feet' are basically a complete waste of time, many get suckered into processing them because they have visible Gold plating, but the amount of Tin in the solder balls and the thin visible plating means they are better to throw into your rubbish bin (or sell them with your low yield pcbs to the scrap buyers)

"All" the Gold is in the bond wires.

You can peel the 'feet' from the black tops pretty easily, keep the tops, bin the feet.

I am learning. Thank you. I am not buying anything yet because I would not be able to recover anything fast enough nor do I have the funds to let it sit around.

I have small stacks of motherboards and assorted cards and starting to be able to process some of it. Mostly I am sticking to fingers and pins because they are easier.

Hopefully one day soon I will be comfortable processing those type chips. I have many especially off depopulated ram cards.

Thanks for your response.

Final bid was: 182€

I expected more tbh, but ok. It was a fun experiment, but I'm not sure I bother doing this again :D

Thanks for all the bids and comments!

Slive

Back