Brown fine sediment

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldmember123

Ok i took your advice galenrog ! I scorched my sludge with a map torch unill it was reduced to this little small pile of brown and black stuff, and when i put some water in a beaker with the pille of black and brown dust, and i filtered it through water and stirred it up, and what ever the brown stuff was it sank to the bottom of the filter really quick like it was heavy! and when i move it around in the beaker i see shiny gold reflections ! The powder is really fine like tiny grains of sand ! I know my sentence structure sucks but is there a good chance the fine brown sand is my Gold ?

Attachments

• 20210430_011046.jpg
    20210430_011046.jpg
    4.4 MB
If you continue a subject, do so in that thread you discussed it so we can all follow.
Yes its probably your gold. You would know and be able to test it if you have given this science some study instead of trying things out and not knowing what you're doing.

Your last post was about acid burns... posting a picture without gloves holding a beaker.... :evil:

Please stop giving a bad example!!

Use gloves!

Study safety!

Just so we are clear, nothing you have posted indicates you have followed anyone’s advice. Handling beakers with ungloved hands? Why are your hands wet? Did you study the safety section at all?

Time for more coffee. Plus an additive.

Your right that was a bad example not wearing gloves.My hands were a little wet from water but i still should have been wearing gloves. I didnt get anymore burns though ! I must be the problem child of ths forum ! I have to say i feel lucky for people in this forum to let me know when im messing up. I havent been using anymore acid eaither iv just been rinsing and filtering what i THINK might be gold ! Thank you to all those that respond. If it was not for you guys to care enough and take out of your time to explain to me when im messing up then i would have made even more mistakes and i will stay on one thread for now on instead of jumping from thread to thread !

Latest posts

Back