Buying Nitric Acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look close at Walmart web sight. They often show who it ships from and is cheaper many times to order direct from the shipper (Duda Diesel in my case). Here a 950ml bottle from Walmart is $85, including hazmat shipping. If I order direct it is only $65. If I pick it in person it is $50. The larger the order the cheaper per liter.

I ordered the Walmart Nitric. Best price. Be careful not to dilute it too much. So someone has said you can use Sodium Nitrate as well? I have some from an Ebay buy. It called it Nitric Acid substitute and came in white crystals. Didnt seem to be doing anything to lead so I shelved it. Anyone have luck dissolving anything with it?

I ordered the Walmart Nitric. Best price. Be careful not to dilute it too much. So someone has said you can use Sodium Nitrate as well? I have some from an Ebay buy. It called it Nitric Acid substitute and came in white crystals. Didnt seem to be doing anything to lead so I shelved it. Anyone have luck dissolving anything with it?
Many here do it regularly, including myself. It takes the sodium nitrate (or other nitrate salt), water and sulfuric acid, (in the right amounts) plus heat. It works pretty good. There are many posts on the forum of how it’s done. Or add the nitrate, in the right amounts, to hot hydrochloric acid and it will make AR.

Not to be a smarta$$, but if you need to ask the very basics, you need to research it before trying.

Latest posts

Back