Can I burn or incinerate my GP items

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielgold

Hi, my name is Daniel. I recently joined this new biz & I am having some problems. When I first started I had a lot of CPU processors, lots of gold plated jewelry, fingers, pins, etc. So lets cut to the chase, I thought I knew what I was doing and burned by fire all of my stuff together ferrous and non ferrous. i was smart enough to catch the ash and leftovers. I know there is gold in the ash remains. Where do I start to refine the gold and what is the process, from incinerated or burnt material?

to be blunt and honest, you picked a horrible type of scrap to start trying to learn on. That would be a difficult job for even an experienced refiner and has no easy solution nor step by step method to follow. The best suggestion, as I am sure a few others are going to tell you, is to put all that ash/material aside and start reading. Hoke's and Ammen's books are good places to start. Read one or both of them... start with the simple acquaintance experiments (in Hoke's) and work your way up. When you are ready, pick a easier material like gold fingers to refine and work your way up... its going to take time. A lot of time. Good luck!

As has been stated by mixing various types of scrap together you have now made it all difficult to recover let alone refine, if any of the metals have actually melted it's an even bigger headache.
You need to keep all your material safe and read and study so you can safely recover your values, I along with many others here could tell you what to do but it won't help you in the long run, if we show you how to go from A to B it won't help if you need to go from A to C or C to B you will just get lost.
This is meant in the best possible way and not to be unkind or uncaring, you can do this but you need the understanding first.

Latest posts

Back