CEARCO Spain Vintage Ceramic 24k Gold Trim & Enamel Hand Painted Birds Flowers Wall Decorative Hanging Plaques Plate Collectible

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dofustofy

Hi,

I have come across a CEARCO Spain Vintage Ceramic 24k Gold Trim & Enamel Hand Painted Birds Flowers Wall Decorative Hanging Plate Collectible that states it's generously embellished with 24 Karat Gold.

There is a thick gold edging and there are numerous gold accents throughout the design. I would like to know if its possible to recover that gold from this ceramic 24k gold trim decorative plate.

I am thinking I could break it into several pieces and put them into my beaker and use aqua regia to begin the recovery. Of course im not real sure how that reaction will act with the ceramic if any at all.

All advise is greatly appreciated.

Dustin

Attachments

• IMG_20241028_160012128.jpg
    IMG_20241028_160012128.jpg
    2.4 MB
I wouldn't dare to destroy such a beautiful thing...
there's unlikely to be much gold there....
in addition, if there is enamel, then it was baked in an oven, it will be difficult for the acid to reach the metal.

I wouldn't dare to destroy such a beautiful thing...
there's unlikely to be much gold there....
in addition, if there is enamel, then it was baked in an oven, it will be difficult for the acid to reach the metal.
I don't particularly want to destroy this piece. I found it on one of my routes I scrap metals on in the trash.

Latest posts

Back