Cell phone extraction

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arthur how are you
excellent info
aurthur wrote

Photobacterium,the yealds that i wrote in the thread are derived from my experiments--they are true numbers that may vary with the types of cellfones----there might be a big variation in the silver,because only recently i discovered that exists silver in the screens,together with indium------
regards
Arthur

question not that i do silver yet but i have a line on possably 1000's of screens
but there from unitec scanners do you know if they contain any pm's :shock:
i will post a pic but will have to wait till tomarrow

Arthur wrote:
Claudie, that is correct---0,025grams or more, sometimes 0,034grams(nokia numbers)

Are those data only from the gold plating on the boards or inklusive all items like flatpacks, microphones and ccd sensors?

Arthur mentioned there is silver in the screens. It would be my assumption that the silver is somehow either plated or etched onto the glass part of the screen. To recover the silver, would you put the screen into nitric to dissolve it, or would it be possible to separate the silver by melting the glass portion of the screen? I wouldn't think the silver would alloy with the glass, and since the silver would be more dense, I would think it would sink to the bottom of the melt.

Just wondering if others save the screens, and what they do with them.

Bert

Latest posts

Back