cementation efficiency

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I've been using hot distilled water as a rinse and was unsatisfied with the end result. I will do the ammonia rinse as I want to obtain the highest purity possible without the cell. I can recover the ammonia via distillation. Thank you

Thanks, I've been using hot distilled water as a rinse and was unsatisfied with the end result. I will do the ammonia rinse as I want to obtain the highest purity possible without the cell. I can recover the ammonia via distillation. Thank you
Ammonia will also dissolve the AgCl, but that will precipitate during distillation I guess.
Still, I fail to see the need for recovering the Ammonium Hydroxide.

Bad idea! Ammonia and metals can create explosive compounds! Heating them up to distill inexpensive ammonia is a BAD idea. If you use ammonia, promptly reacidify the solution to avoid a very nasty surprise.

Dave

The matter is not that i want calculate it. I would like to know how efficienty it is, as it looks that if the solution is diluted it react not that well.
But as you mention, there is more parameter, like pH. How you increase it? NaOH, NH3, ...
When talking about quantitative precipitation, it refers to the fact that from a practical point of view precipitates everything that is in solution of the element, the weighing of Pd DMG is the gravimetric analytical method of choice for the quantitative determination of Pd. It works very well with very dilute solutions of the order of ppm per liter.

When talking about quantitative precipitation, it refers to the fact that from a practical point of view precipitates everything that is in solution of the element, the weighing of Pd DMG is the gravimetric analytical method of choice for the quantitative determination of Pd. It works very well with very dilute solutions of the order of ppm per liter.
Where it says ppm per liter it should say mgs per liter.

Latest posts

Back