Ceramic cpu gold content help needed

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jhr

Hi guys im new here im from south africa just started prossesing ceramic cpu but i dont knw what yields i must get from it.if i uses the yeilds they give on google then i short 1g so i dnt knw if i get all the gold out of the AR.so what im doing is took 1000ml beaker with 13 x i486 DX cpu
2x intel pentuim grey cpu
1x amd486
And grushed it took the gold plated lids of and put everything into the beaker then add hlc 200ml and waited till its hot on the 2 plate stove then started to add nitric acid 70% 3ml dose till all the gold pins and gold leave were desolfed did a test to se if gold was in the ar so far so good took it of the hot plate add some sulferic acid 5ml and left it to settel filter it out add urea to kill any nitric acid and then mix smb with water and added to the gold ar and it started to drop a grey mud then brown so i washed the mud in hot hlc and dry the mud.ok so when i work out what the gold must be from those cpu that i did on google results it must be 4.06g and i got only 3.04g of mud out.so i dnt knw if i do any thing right or what do i do wrong so if any body please can tell me what i must get from those cpu how meny gold if im close to it then i knw im doing it right but now i dont knw if im doing it wrong or right becuase i dont knw what i suppost to get from that cpu lot and a got alot more to refine so plaese any help.

Barren Realms 007 said:
Stay away from google and the yield estimates on there.

You have a lot of work and studying to do before you go any further.
I have reed alot and did alot over the year but i dnt knw what the yeild must be if i knw the yeild then i knw im doing it right

You did not processed uniformed sample so it is hard to know exact yield. You will know only approximate or average and you may be within that range. You should not use urea. Try to use sulfamic acid or gold to eliminate nitric if you must, or simply use heat to break it down.

Please do not use text lingo, do use spell check and break your post in sentences. Many members here do translate posts to their own languages and your post will make absolutely no sense to them.

patnor1011 said:
You did not processed uniformed sample so it is hard to know exact yield. You will know only approximate or average and you may be within that range. You should not use urea. Try to use sulfamic acid or gold to eliminate nitric if you must, or simply use heat to break it down.

Please do not use text lingo, do use spell check and break your post in sentences. Many members here do translate posts to their own languages and your post will make absolutely no sense to them.
Thank you alot ill make a test sample with one cpu and then work the yeild out.

Jhr said:
patnor1011 said:

Thank you alot ill make a test sample with one cpu and then work the yeild out.

Processing one CPU to find yield data is not going to be effective. You need to process many of the same kind to get an average yield of any type.

Average yield is the key word here. Many of the same CPU were manufactured at different plants, and they were used differently. Some may have pllating intact some may be more scratched, that all will reflect in a yield. There is no definite number for any CPU. Only average.

Latest posts

Back