chemicals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby1999

Hi All new to this .
Can anyone tell me what chemicals are used to strip the gold of the gold fingers please .it is a blue colour ?

bobby1999 said:
Hi All new to this .
Can anyone tell me what chemicals are used to strip the gold of the gold fingers please .it is a blue colour ?

You need to know a bit more than that to get started. Study the forum until you understand what to do, and do it safely.

This will give you a good start;
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=2480

Jim

That will teach you the fundamentals.
Check Lazer Steve's videos for some newer methods on escrap when you understand Ms. Hoke's book.
http://www.goldrecovery.us/

Jim

bobby1999 said:
ok will it list these chem as they are selling for 500 usd per pop and i am not sure of this ?

Don't buy any chemicals until you are sure of what you need for the process you choose.
What chemical is it that is selling for $500?

Here is link for Lazer Steve's finger processing info;
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=720

Jim

That's where you learning about what process to use on what material will help you know the answers to all these questions. It won't take you long once you start reading the book and the forum. Spend the next 30 days reading in your spare time and you will be amazed at how much you can pick up on it all. Just in case you read over it but don't realize it, let me say remember this, always separate every type of material to be processed, don't mix them and your life in refining will be much easier.

bobby1999 said:
ok will it list these chem as they are selling for 500 usd per pop and i am not sure of this ?

Still curious about the $500 chemicals? What are they, or where did you see them?

Jim

500 bucks and they send you a how to do it and what to use .This will be fun will take me time and see how it goes .I have big old server boards hp one's covered in gold so this form should be able to do the same as the fingers .

found one lot of the chemical at a pool place in auckland takanini lol to anyone who is in auckland lol the just need to find the peroxide anyone can help ? lol Can bleach be used for this ?

bobby1999 said:
found one lot of the chemical at a pool place in auckland takanini lol to anyone who is in auckland lol the just need to find the peroxide anyone can help ? lol Can bleach be used for this ?

You need to study the forum before you worry about what chemicals you need. You shouldn't be trying any processing until you understand what you are doing. The answers are all here, take notes and study, it will help you in the long run. If you can't be bothered with that, then you should be looking for someone that has done their homework to process for you.
There should be no hurry, the gold will still be there when you are ready, and you can build up your supply while you study.

Jim

Bobby copper II chloride leach or etching solution is made with HCl and 3% hydrogen peroxide (oxygen source air bubbled into solution is also used, this dissolves copper into solution to form copper II chloride, from here we can dissolve more copper but this will eventually form copper I chloride in solution changing the green solution brown as air and acid are consumed, and we will begin to see copper I chloride salts form (white powder at the bottom of the vessel), a little more HCl will convert the Copper I chloride to copper II chloride, air or dilute hydrogen peroxide will give us oxygen to help keep the copper oxidized in solution, ready to dissolve more copper.

If we use too strong of a hydrogen peroxide we will create chlorine gas in solution and dissolve gold, we do not wish to do this when our goal is to eliminate copper from the gold foils.

Bleach and HCl acid also generates chlorine gas in solution which dissolves gold.

Bobby the only way you are going to understand this is to spend the time studying, the older part of the forum went into long discussions on the process, and Laser Steve’s web site has a document on describing how the leach works and how to use it.

It is a very simple process once you understand it.

The only way to learn it is to spend time reading and studying,

Then once you understand the general principles, and then use them and observe the reactions.

Asking a million questions would only confuse you more with all of the different answers you would get.
Studying then asking a few questions when you run into a road block can help you understand the process.

chemicals found looking at seting up over the next couple of weeks still reading before i will start my first lot for the AP looks like fun ,So will take me time .Will look at doing my set up first and will try to post sum photo's .

Latest posts

Back