Classic Firearms Rock-Ola M-14 Giveaway

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how's the parallax on that glass? that thing looks like a long ways away from your face, unless you want to eat brass.
Brass flies forward and to the right, landing about 5 foot forward and three feet right in a pretty tight pile. The scope is a 3x7 Burris pistol scope and the eye relief is barely far enough out for me. It works well out to around 150 yards, and maybe 200 with better ammo.

Brass flies forward and to the right, landing about 5 foot forward and three feet right in a pretty tight pile. The scope is a 3x7 Burris pistol scope and the eye relief is barely far enough out for me. It works well out to around 150 yards, and maybe 200 with better ammo.
pistol scope! i never would have thought of that. that is a great solution!

my old man has an old .222REM from his father (my grand-dad), and it has a scope with an odd side-mount that would only fit (until we modified it) about 4" too far forward from his natural resting position. in order to aim it, he held the entire rifle off of his shoulder to get a good sight picture. did not make for good shot groups ... at all. after we got it mounted correctly (after a lot of custom fitting) he wants to get it re-blued. but, i put the idea in his head about having some engraving done first. :) looking forward to passing this down to my son, and his...

Forgive me if I have the history mixed up the garand stopped production in the late 50’s . I believe then in 1957-1958 the M-14 was designed with it being adapted into the services in the mid 60’s
the M1A is a civilian copy of the M14 — designed by Springfield for the U.S. military. Mid sixties to mid eighties then stated production again
The M-14 replaced the M1 Garand as the standard issue rifle for American troops from 1959 to 1964.then the M-16

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Forgive me if I have the history mixed up the garand stopped production in the late 50’s . I believe then in 1957-1958 the M-14 was designed with it being adapted into the services in the mid 60’s
the M1A is a civilian copy of the M14 — designed by Springfield for the U.S. military. Mid sixties to mid eighties then stated production again
The M-14 replaced the M1 Garand as the standard issue rifle for American troops from 1959 to 1964.then the M-16

Edited for clarity
that sounds about right. it wouldn't make sense to call the civilian version of the M14 an M14-A. better call it an M1A. hahaha. i'll stick to my modern guns.

do you know what you get when you cross a M1 with a M16? FN's SCAR-17. :) it's not very lightweight, but it fire's a man's cartridge.

Learned to hunt with a single shot 20ga Mossberg and a single shot .22. Still hunt and shoot with the one shot / one kill mentality. I'm amazed at the guys blasting away with mag dumps that seem to be common with the younger generation. 30 round mag will leave more carcasses than you'd care dress and skin...

Learned to hunt with a single shot 20ga Mossberg and a single shot .22. Still hunt and shoot with the one shot / one kill mentality. I'm amazed at the guys blasting away with mag dumps that seem to be common with the younger generation. 30 round mag will leave more carcasses than you'd care dress and skin...
I agree.
You only shoot one at the time.
It is a nice backup to have a shot or three in backup though.
There may be a branch or twig you do not see, at least in our terrain.

They started the hunter safety courses when i was 14. Went to shoot trap clays as part of it. Guys with auto loaders and pumps laughed at my old shotgun till I got to shoot. Clays fly the same as Quail or Woodcock, when they change direction after the flush they stall for a second ...
I agree.
You only shoot one at the time.
It is a nice backup to have a shot or three in backup though.
There may be a branch or twig you do not see, at least in our terrain.

They started the hunter safety courses when i was 14. Went to shoot trap clays as part of it. Guys with auto loaders and pumps laughed at my old shotgun till I got to shoot. Clays fly the same as Quail or Woodcock, when they change direction after the flush they stall for a second ...
Here we have very strict rules.
On the verge of ridiculous at times.
But the yearly certification is not on the ridiculous side, in my mind at least.

I traded a M1 Gatand for the Springfield M1A1. It used to be a take to range gun when ammo was cheaper . After it’s all said and done the M1 was more accurate I regret trading .

I hunt these days with a crossbow quite often and only take two arrows with me. Never needed but one so far. Last year during gun season I started the season with one box of shells, 20 rounds. I used 10 at the range, just because I like to practice. I had 5 of the other ten left at the end of the season and took 5 deer with the other five rounds. Practice is key, if you want to be successful.

I hunt these days with a crossbow quite often and only take two arrows with me. Never needed but one so far. Last year during gun season I started the season with one box of shells, 20 rounds. I used 10 at the range, just because I like to practice. I had 5 of the other ten left at the end of the season and took 5 deer with the other five rounds. Practice is key, if you want to be successful.
Here it is illegal to hunt with anything not driven by gunpowder.

Here it is illegal to hunt with anything not driven by gunpowder.
That seems odd, but in the right hands a firearm is very efficient at its job. What game are you allowed to hunt there? I have never thought much about hunting in that part of the world but there are some bigger animals there.

That seems odd, but in the right hands a firearm is very efficient at its job. What game are you allowed to hunt there? I have never thought much about hunting in that part of the world but there are some bigger animals there.
Deer, Moose, Roe, Hare and so on.
Caliber 22 is only allowed for animals up to Hare but not Hare itself.
All hunting weapons must be driven by gunpowder.
Bow and arrow, crossbow and such is only for recreational shooting.
Aah and pistols and one hand guns are not allowed in hunting.

Latest posts

Back