Classic Firearms Rock-Ola M-14 Giveaway

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how's the parallax on that glass? that thing looks like a long ways away from your face, unless you want to eat brass.
Brass flies forward and to the right, landing about 5 foot forward and three feet right in a pretty tight pile. The scope is a 3x7 Burris pistol scope and the eye relief is barely far enough out for me. It works well out to around 150 yards, and maybe 200 with better ammo.

Brass flies forward and to the right, landing about 5 foot forward and three feet right in a pretty tight pile. The scope is a 3x7 Burris pistol scope and the eye relief is barely far enough out for me. It works well out to around 150 yards, and maybe 200 with better ammo.
pistol scope! i never would have thought of that. that is a great solution!

my old man has an old .222REM from his father (my grand-dad), and it has a scope with an odd side-mount that would only fit (until we modified it) about 4" too far forward from his natural resting position. in order to aim it, he held the entire rifle off of his shoulder to get a good sight picture. did not make for good shot groups ... at all. after we got it mounted correctly (after a lot of custom fitting) he wants to get it re-blued. but, i put the idea in his head about having some engraving done first. :) looking forward to passing this down to my son, and his...

Forgive me if I have the history mixed up the garand stopped production in the late 50’s . I believe then in 1957-1958 the M-14 was designed with it being adapted into the services in the mid 60’s
the M1A is a civilian copy of the M14 — designed by Springfield for the U.S. military. Mid sixties to mid eighties then stated production again
The M-14 replaced the M1 Garand as the standard issue rifle for American troops from 1959 to 1964.then the M-16

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Forgive me if I have the history mixed up the garand stopped production in the late 50’s . I believe then in 1957-1958 the M-14 was designed with it being adapted into the services in the mid 60’s
the M1A is a civilian copy of the M14 — designed by Springfield for the U.S. military. Mid sixties to mid eighties then stated production again
The M-14 replaced the M1 Garand as the standard issue rifle for American troops from 1959 to 1964.then the M-16

Edited for clarity
that sounds about right. it wouldn't make sense to call the civilian version of the M14 an M14-A. better call it an M1A. hahaha. i'll stick to my modern guns.

do you know what you get when you cross a M1 with a M16? FN's SCAR-17. :) it's not very lightweight, but it fire's a man's cartridge.

Latest posts

Back