completely lost =(

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woolf

alright i have been buying scrap gold silver for a long time now... just been investing i guess.... i find it exciting lol

now im trying to read up on refining it... but theres too many different examples... do i just pour the nitric acid on it come back in 30 minutes... pour it into a new jar with a filter take the material out of the filter and melt it?

Hi woolf

i think that you should change the way you look at things at the refining point of view...
first, look and sort all of your matirial, and then search individually.

Lets say you have sterling silver, a simple forum search will bring you tons of info.

now, i know there are alot of methods to go with, but try to do more reading and look for the general approach here on the forum for each specific type of scrap you have.
You most likely have scrap theat have been discussed here before

good luck.
Sam

all my scrap is jewelry. ive been going around buying it from friends family auctions ect... just really enjoy it lol but alright ill take a look around in the forums
=)

Woolf said:
all my scrap is jewelry. ive been going around buying it from friends family auctions ect... just really enjoy it lol but alright ill take a look around in the forums
=)
Do as I told you. Read Hoke. There is no better document, anywhere, to inform you of refining processes, in terms you'll understand. It was written specifically for processing waste materials from the jeweler's bench.

Ect isn't a word. It's properly spelled etc., the accepted contraction of two words et cetera http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etcetera . Note that being specific and RIGHT is very important in refining. Start by being specific and right in your posts, so they don't lead others to confusion.

Harold

There is a short video on my website of me dissolving some silver with diluted nitric acid. Read Hoke to get the specific details and be safe.

Steve

Latest posts

Back