Concentrated vinegar technology

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Molarity is a measure that tells you how many atoms or molecule are in a volume of a solution.

W% tells you how much of the weight of a solution is those atoms or molecules.

I can think of only 1 reason why you have mentioned at this late stage the defunct Baumé scale, which was only made known (to me at least) on this site recently.

Google a little to find further answers relating to the Chemistry calculations required.

There has been a follow up article posted by the local newspaper. It seems Dr Foley is going to be attempting to do a mobile based processing plant with this technology.

http://thestarphoenix.com/business/local-business/i-was-completely-unprepared-for-the-craziness-u-of-s-chemist-surprised-by-reaction-to-innovative-gold-company

I just recently watched the video in question the only part i was the oxidizet. I dont know if anyone notice the temperature of the hot plate. Which is what i believe speads up the process of sepersting the gold from the base metal. From the video i watch the solution was preheated to 675 ° , then they turned it to the off position before putting the curcuit board into the solution.

I also saw a video. That clame you can completely etch all of the metal from circuit bosrds in like 5 minute. This was done using a plastic container with 2 parts hydrogen peroxide and 1 part muric acid. Alway adding the muric to the hydro.and not the otherway around. The you fill anothe container with hot water and boil it in the microwave. No you pkace the container with the solution into tge container of water. So the the first one floats in the other. Pkace the circuit boards into the solution and begin rocking the container up and down slowly so that the solution washes over the boards and stays agitated. Again without thethe container of hot water this process would be the ssme as all te others.

I put a ram bnoard with gold on it and a cpu with gold in a glass container overnight. The ram board i had broken in half to fit under the liquid. I used 6% and 3% combination hydrogen peroxide. It looks like there are flakes of something in the water and they are gold in color but it looks like shillac to me. It doesnt look like those gold specs from panning. Any feedback thank you.

Xdoorsx said:
I just recently watched the video in question the only part i was the oxidizet. I dont know if anyone notice the temperature of the hot plate. Which is what i believe speads up the process of sepersting the gold from the base metal. From the video i watch the solution was preheated to 675 ° , then they turned it to the off position before putting the curcuit board into the solution.

I also saw a video. That clame you can completely etch all of the metal from circuit bosrds in like 5 minute. This was done using a plastic container with 2 parts hydrogen peroxide and 1 part muric acid. Alway adding the muric to the hydro.and not the otherway around. The you fill anothe container with hot water and boil it in the microwave. No you pkace the container with the solution into tge container of water. So the the first one floats in the other. Pkace the circuit boards into the solution and begin rocking the container up and down slowly so that the solution washes over the boards and stays agitated. Again without thethe container of hot water this process would be the ssme as all te others.
I wouldnt put in the microvwave it might spark or catch fire. Metal isnt meant to go in the microwave.

pp2kr said:
http://artsandscience.usask.ca/chemistry/news/article.php?articleid=573

In the second process, a comprehensive set of water-miscible organic solvents including small amounts of HCl, CaCl2 and some oxidizing reagents were used as new leaching systems for gold. Among all studied solvents, acetic acid provided the highest gold dissolution rates reported to date. Along with an unmatched gold dissolution rate, this new leaching system was also highly selective for gold over base metals such that in the case of electronic scraps, more than 99% of gold was extracted from printed circuit boards (PCBs) in less than 20 seconds (which is the fastest known gold recycling process from e-waste ever reported) while less than 1.5% of nickel, 0.3% of copper, and 0.05% of all of the other base and heavy metals were leached during the same contact time. This new discovery promises to replace highly hazardous chemicals commonly used for gold recovery and opens new opportunities into the field of gold extraction for future studies

Maybe, maybe....the key is the oxidant....who's know?

i really dont see this helping the environment in any way unless they give this info to the public freely :?

I deleted my post because i can sum up whats going on in a far shorter way.

They know far more about the reaction process and are only showing a fraction of it and detailing even less. Its misrepresenting and misleading in effect.

One thing what may be of interest and true is that this process can be adapted to extract gold etc cheaper, without as much special licensing chemical controls and producing less hazardous waste.

But they cant patent that nor make money from it unless ppl agree to pay for it. And it is easy enough with readily available chemicals to do at home.

resurrecting the topic.
I have done some experiment with HCL and CaClO2 with good results.
I've read the thesis(now blocked again). Quite promising

Peracetic acid is dangerous when mixed with certain salts and even by itself. Mixing organic chemistry and mineral chemistry can lead to unstable compounds.

Latest posts

Back