copper mesh - sulphuric cell

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joubjonn - Thanks for the photo bud. It is pretty much as you described but I thought the holes would be a lot smaller and in my case they will need to be. I acquired a large lot of P2 thru P4 processors as the majority source of my current pin collection and a lot of these are really small and would easily fall through the holes in your device. BTW - I struck out today at the scrapyard trying to find anything copper that might suffice. They did have lots of large, pretty chunks though...I've always loved the look of new, large gauge copper! I visited two more yards on the way home and no dice there either. I may have to bite the bullet and just order it from Montreal.

Jeff :|

This is just my opinion but I would process magnetic CPU pins in AR. The reason is the solder is going to shield your pins and you will leave gold on those pins. I guess you could soak them in HCl and remove the tin. I have about 100 pentium green fiber cpu's right now. Still have to heat the pins off. Once I do I'll give them an HCl bath to remove the tin then move on to AR after rinsed/incinerated.

The gold is dissolved in the solder, when the solder is dissolved by acid it will release the gold as a very fine powder or even colloidal.

Göran

Long Shot said:
Steve - I know, it is not your fault or problem. I appreciate your comment on this. I would like to do business with you but.........cost is prohibitive. I have read a lot of what you have posted and you are the man. It does amaze me that you are so forthright and care enough to do so to help us less experienced folk with your expertise. There are some people that one meets or are exposed to in our short life that is a rare occasion. I would like to have the very fortunate opportunity to meet you in person.

Joubjonn - thank you very much for that description, I do believe I get what you are talking about. I just sat down to the computer after a long and somewhat stressful day. I will look into this some more. BTW - did you or can you post or PM me with the design of the copper toilet float basket? I am a little unclear about the design. Also, BTW - I just love Texas, have been there 3 times, saw Jerry Jeff Walker at the Winnie fair and as far as I'm concerned, things should be the way they are in TX everywhere. You may know what I mean.

Thank you my friends,

Jeff B in little ol' Belleville, ON

Welcome to the forum Jeff.
We Texans appreciate the kind comment. No, we don't know any strangers down here, and yes it is as they say
"everything is bigger in Texas" our imaginations especially !!!

Kery

Latest posts

Back