Copper pot problem....maybe?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys...me again.

So last night I took about 8 m of 2.5 mm solid copper conductor( taken from a 2.5 x 4 surflex) and wound it into a hotdog shaped piece of copper and placed it into my first waste bucket.

Tonight ( ruffly 24 hours later) when I checked on it it was gone.

First question is...is it at all possible for that much copper to go into solution that quickly.

Second question is the grey solids in the bucket will be silver...what about the black slime in the bottom.

Thanks guys
The copper pot your referring to is called the stock pot, it's were your waste liquids end up with copper to cement out any values.

Please use the proper terminology.

The copper pot your referring to is called the stock pot, it's were your waste liquids end up with copper to cement out any values.

Please use the proper terminology.
I saw that and my mind did not react until you pointed it out:rolleyes:
Thanks for pointing it out.

Hey guys...me again.

So last night I took about 8 m of 2.5 mm solid copper conductor( taken from a 2.5 x 4 surflex) and wound it into a hotdog shaped piece of copper and placed it into my first waste bucket.

Tonight ( ruffly 24 hours later) when I checked on it it was gone.

First question is...is it at all possible for that much copper to go into solution that quickly.

Second question is the grey solids in the bucket will be silver...what about the black slime in the bottom.

Thanks guys
As Stoneware said please use the correct terminology and there are entire threads about it, so search and read.

Back