costs of chemicals

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noxx said:
Well, would you agree to send me some ? My local chem store absolutely don't want to sell me some, they are sure I'll make a bomb...
And you are in Maine, shipping will be easy.
Anyway, let me know.

About the nitric, what's the concentration you can achieve ?

Thanks

I would be glad to but customs won't allow it methinks. Something about crossing the US Border and Homeland Insecurity.

Check around at agricultural supply stores. I bought mine at the local feed and seed store.

I hadn't measured the concentration. I filter and wash the Calcium Sulfate with clean H2O. I just use dilute Nitric. I just want to be sure there is no Chloride content.
I try to avoid using HCl or HNO3 because of the fumes.

Hi Junkelly: Our atomic weights match close enough.

I was going on Loco`s remark; 15 nitrates, which should mean the -NO3 ion.

I wasn`t aware the 15 referred just to Nitrogen.

So it would be good enough.

:)

Just remember that Potassium Nitrate is also an acceptable substitute. In the Poor Mans Nitric you must add 202 grams of Potassium nitrate instead of the 170 grams of sodium nitrate.

Noxx said:
Well, would you agree to send me some ? My local chem store absolutely don't want to sell me some, they are sure I'll make a bomb...
And you are in Maine, shipping will be easy.
Anyway, let me know.

About the nitric, what's the concentration you can achieve ?

Thanks

Attachments

• ANXMAS.JPG
    ANXMAS.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 144
LOL!!!!

You forgot to fasten some pipes and wires to it with electrical tape!!! :twisted:

Steve

lazersteve said:
LOL!!!!

You forgot to fasten some pipes and wires to it with electrical tape!!! :twisted:

Steve

LOL!!
That would have been even funnier but those Homeland Insecurity types don't have much in the way of a sense of humor.

Back