DAVID H. FELL & COMPANY, INC.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to know if anyone has used this company before, DAVID H. FELL & COMPANY, INC.

Yes I have used David H. Fell & have been happy with there service - however I have only sent them actual metal (sterling silver & karat gold)
I ask is because it close to me, shipping 1000 pounds can cost a lot

A 1000 pound of what ?

I ask because if you are talking about a 1000 pounds of actual circuit boards I am not sure that is something they are actually set up to "properly" process

Kurt

I have to agree with Kurt. What are you proposing to send them? Is the material listed as something they accept? Have they agreed to process the material?

In the past, I have used their services a few times. Only with gold alloys. I was never disappointed with the settlement.

Time for more coffee.

Fell has been in business for many years and has a good reputation. As you have been advised above, call to be sure they can take the 1000 pounds of material you are shipping to process.

I have said many times that no refiner can efficiently handle every type of scrap, so the skills learned for properly sampling large lots of material are useful. I never shipped a lot to another refiner unless 1. I had processed it enough in house to sample it accurately before shipping, or 2. I accompanied the material to witness the sampling and receive a sample for my own assay.

You can read a thread about sampling at a refinery here.

Good luck, and please follow up with your review of the refinery you choose for this material.

Thank you all for the fast response and I want to thank the form for all the information I've been able to gather throughout the year on collecting e-waste and what to collect. I have talked to them, and they told me that yes, they can accept it and there New Mexico facility would be the one that would take care of it. New Mexico is a lot closer than Ohio so I will keep you informed Thank you

Latest posts

Back