definative CPU process?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harvester3

Hey you all. There are a lot of posts pertaining to processing CPUs.
It would be greatly appreciated if you all could take a look at these CPUs and give me your opinion of the best method of processing. Most of my pleasure is taken from building the machine/process' to do the job; my chemistry skills are apparently lacking. So, if it calls for a small crusher, I'm your guy; mixing up nitric, not so much :?
Thanks! as usual, this forum is the best

Attachments

• alphachip.jpg
    alphachip.jpg
    31.1 KB
-Top lids should be removed and processed separately in the cell.
-Pins (diluted nitric or acid peoxide)
-Store that ceramic package for further processing (grinding then nitric bath).

Thanks Tam,
So, the pins, which are usually coated with solder, are separated from the chip? I've got the process of taking the lids of with the torch. I think I need to study the electrolysis cell as that seems to be the process I'm missing most. Any cliff notes on the cell scenario [:~)
So far, the acid peroxide method has been the best method, or at least the one that's reaped the greatest returns on fingers, etc, but I've just been putting the CPUs aside till the right info (and my understanding) was made clear.
Thanks much

Pins coated with solder ??!! :shock:
they are always coated with gold and you can process them without separation from ceramic package.
i use diluted nitric cause i buy it very cheap.

a torch will remove lids and pins, crushing cpu to fine powder, all three parts processed seperately,there are several processes to choose from. Hot Hcl wash will help to lower solder content, if an oxidizer is not added your gold will not dissolve, Hcl peroxide, is great at removing the copper, then HCl/ bleach is good at disolving the gold,read through the forum you will find many ways to process, poormans nitric and poor mans aqua regia, those are high grade CPu's, so they are worth your time to study processes before attacking them.

Back