dissolved my gold in AP why

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Claudie said:
EDIT: Please follow every safety precaution. Work outside if you don't have a good fume hood, wear gloves, and never hoover over any solution where the fumes can get into your face.

in this context, "Hoover" means inhale ?

ericrm said:
as long at it should :lol:
testing why stannous for the presence of gold will let you know when there is no more gold in solution
but beware you could have colloidal gold in it so let it sit for a while...
say this happens again how much smb should i add say per 400 mills of dessolved gold in ap to dehonest i ran out of nitric so going to it with ap but might do it per 100 mls just need to know how much smb and should i dillot with water like in laserstves video or as is powder strat into solition and the book dont realy say the baest way just that he adds it to water not how much he adds to water thanks guys.

barnes8888 said:
hi guys i start with i did my first batch and everything was great but then i started looking at my gold foils i could still see copper on the so i tried to remove the copper by another dip in ap a new fresh solotion but it dissolved my gold, all of it gone' and the soltion is now a light green colour witch tells me there was quit abit of copper in that will i be able to drop it out of ap with smb/or urae and i am unable to find a place to buy smb as i dont now what it stand for please can someone help as i have about 5 gram of gold a first weight before i put it in another ap thanks guys.
say this happens again how much smb should i add say per 400 mills of dessolved gold in ap to dehonest i ran out of nitric so going to it with ap but might do it per 100 mls just need to know how much smb and should i dillot with water like in laserstves video or as is powder strat into solition and the book dont realy say the baest way just that he adds it to water not how much he adds to water thanks guys.

You should add an equal amount of smb to the amount of gold you expect to recover using just a small excess to achieve full precipitation. If you have 1 gram of gold add about 1.2 grams of smb and then test with stannous. If you still have gold in solution add smb in small increments until the test shows negative. Some people add smb to water then add it, some just add it as straight dry powder.

Palladium said:
You should add an equal amount of smb to the amount of gold you expect to recover using just a small excess to achieve full precipitation. If you have 1 gram of gold add about 1.2 grams of smb and then test with stannous. If you still have gold in solution add smb in small increments until the test shows negative. Some people add smb to water then add it, some just add it as straight dry powder.
ye when i went back to the book it said so then i remembered. brain like fish so iv printed the book off and put on the wall in my shed and high lited all major parts

if gold is dissolved in AP (in my opinion) it should be cemented out with copper(or more gold plated copper).

Latest posts

Back