E-Waste using no chemicals - Can it be done?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2. Yeah, I am a hobbyist, with 3 kilos of palladium, 19 kilos of silver, 12 kilos of gold, 20 kilos of platinum and all but platinum from about 2 tons of ewaste. I never said I was a professional, but my results are in line with multiple professional ewaste recyclers.
A hobby usually means doing it beside your daytime job. How on earth can you process those amounts and still have time for a life?

What I am baffled is ....."12 kilos of gold,"......

At current market value 12 kg of gold is worth over 1 mil. USD...not to mention the other metals......Why on earth would someone with that bank account still working to get PM`s.

Investing that money would yield you a hefty amount of dividents yearly, so you could retire in the Bahamas and drink cocktails all day in the company of very attractive women.

just asking...for a friend.. :cool::cool:

Pete

Last edited:
Please excuse me if i don`t understand quite what you mean...but sounds intristing enough to find out more about this process of yours.

Can you please tell me, exactly what material you use this process for.....schredded PCB?....Various mix of IC chips?....Pins,connectos,MLCC mixture?.....Ceramic IC?.....or the mixture of all materials whatsoever?...

I separate my materials on grade, if i dont sell as a whole board...so if i was to use this termite method of yours, what material is ideal to use this proces without contaminating my results with unwanted metals?

I am not a chemist, nor a metallurgist expert, that is why I ask, since you obviously have more information/experience on this topic...

Thanks..

Pete

There are two combination which works best but does not separate metals.

Al ZnO, zinc oxide when reacting will evaporate lead, zinc, magnesium and other light metals. While reacting, the aluminum produces aluminum oxide, which captures all these evaporating metals.

What I do with MlCCs is that since they are aluminum oxide ceramic is grind them into powered, then I mix in ratios of magnesium,a

Grandfather at an appointment with a sex therapist:
— Doctor, it’s impossible to spend time with your wife more than 3 times a week.
- Grandpa, how old are you?
- Grandpa, this is great!
- Yes? And my neighbor says that he is with his wife every day, and he is 95!
- and you say the same thing...

I would love to see photos, or better yet, a video of your process.

In a nutshell, I was born with thirty times the money I need to live a comfortable life.

But ever since I was a kid, I have been obsessed with alloys and metal processes and just hoard my results.

Back in 2005 I was retained as a lawyer by a top producing ewaste recycling company in California and I began buying their slag, slimes, filters and flux waste and extracting the lost metals. Two years ago they closed shop and dumped a huge sorted amount of ewaste in my lap.

They used chemical processes, I used thermal processes.

All of my hoarding comes from the start of this when I was 8 and was digging up my back yard are finding lots of gold, then when ewaste started in the 90s, I was buying all sorts of crap, much of it military grade. My clients/suppliers bought from the military prodomonatly and I would suppose my returns are in line with military grade tech.

So, I automated a process using thermite and electrolytic refining for separation and I have world .... Errr had, world class grinding machines.

Latest posts

Back