electric frying pan

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4metals said:
OK Gold Chloride you've peaked the interest of a few members, before anyone goes out and hurts themselves, how about a better step by step description as to how this will apply to karat gold or any other relatively high yield scrap. Including the dropping of the gold and the waste implications. Then maybe some better decisions can be made before jumping in.

Also, please detail your method for recovering the silver from the H2SO4, safely. I know how it was done in the past. How do you do it?

I don't want to be defending my post too much. Let me get it simplified... :lol:

edit: I'm not going to post the procedure. My reasons are that I run the risk of being attacked for using hot sulphuric acid by several moderators at the same time, hot sulfuric is indeed is a nasty chemical... But so are many other processes dangerous like using cyanide (recent post by GSP?), nitric acid, chlorine, etc, etc. Whoever is interested can read p53 and p54 of C.M. Hoke and take it from there. Good luck.

I also prefer to inquart with zinc. To avoid having a silver inventory. It also dissolves faster. I have already been attacked for that.

I don't want fights with Harold, Oz, GSP, and 4 metals all at once, so... Newbies avoid please. :shock:

I'd be interested in reading how GSP recovers the silver. I just process the silver chloride dropped from the diluted sulfuric acid, with iron.

Back