Elimination of Nitric Acid

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mic said:
Hooks? Lol...I haven't seen that spelling yet.
PGM you read that back in 2010,you should know how to spell it correctly. :mrgreen:

sorry mate my mistake i never noticed...thanks for pointing it out...be honest i am half asleep doing a 30 page assignment which has to be handed in 9 hours times. So i think sleep is needed. lack of sleep can effect a persons ability to spell.

goldenchild said:
hciic said:
Please tell me where i am wrong.

You're not reading Hoke and continue to go at this blindly.

i apologize for bumping an old thread and singling this post out but i've been reading the forum for a couple days seeing many "read hoke's book" responses. for someone that is new to the forum perhaps responding with the link to Hoke's book could reduce some of the newcomers questions.
so i'll continue my search for this elusive hoke's book...
still loving the forum, cheers!

I hope this fixes the finding Hoke's link problem;

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16555#p167229

cheaptrix said:
goldenchild said:
hciic said:
Please tell me where i am wrong.

You're not reading Hoke and continue to go at this blindly.

i apologize for bumping an old thread and singling this post out but i've been reading the forum for a couple days seeing many "read hoke's book" responses. for someone that is new to the forum perhaps responding with the link to Hoke's book could reduce some of the newcomers questions.
so i'll continue my search for this elusive hoke's book...
still loving the forum, cheers!

I just gotta:
Ok, so you've been meandering about the forum hap hazzard style. And you mean to tell me you aint, not even by accidently clicking a wrong link, found Hook's book? (notice spelling)

New here as well but 3 months here and I'm beginning to get the feeling people deserve to make you drop your life and hand them the magical money machine. I just really loved these people when I was in the auto diagnostic and repair service. They would come in and tell what exactly was wrong and exactly how to fix it and handed me the parts and told me how much they were going to pay to have me fix it right the first time.
(Edited for way to long a story)
The point being: Always follow "all" instructions even if you don't like them.
And... There is no free lunch anywhere. No way, no how. There's always a catch 22 in there somewhere.
BS.
Open your eyes to the world and ye shall see

Pantherlikher said:
I just gotta:
Ok, so you've been meandering about the forum hap hazzard style. And you mean to tell me you aint, not even by accidently clicking a wrong link, found Hook's book? (notice spelling)

New here as well but 3 months here and I'm beginning to get the feeling people deserve to make you drop your life and hand them the magical money machine. I just really loved these people when I was in the auto diagnostic and repair service. They would come in and tell what exactly was wrong and exactly how to fix it and handed me the parts and told me how much they were going to pay to have me fix it right the first time.
(Edited for way to long a story)
The point being: Always follow "all" instructions even if you don't like them.
And... There is no free lunch anywhere. No way, no how. There's always a catch 22 in there somewhere.
BS.
Open your eyes to the world and ye shall see

actually the point of my post was why bother responding to a clueless newbie unless you actually want to point him in the right direction but i'm the new guy, this is your forum so feel free to flame my posts whenever your bored.

jimdoc said:
I hope this fixes the finding Hoke's link problem;

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16555#p167229

thx, jimdoc

cheaptrix said:
actually the point of my post was why bother responding to a clueless newbie unless you actually want to point him in the right direction but i'm the new guy, this is your forum so feel free to flame my posts whenever your bored.

I remember when I first got here, I got "read hokes book" battered right off the bat.

It is was and still is good advice, but I think those who have adopted the "read hokes book" tradition do it because that was how they got treated as a new comer.

I got by without reading the book just fine - although when I did start reading it, it was very helpful.

I will help you with any questions you have cheaptrix, you can ask via this thread, or just PM me and I will help you in any way I can - like a refining sponsor!

I will have a website soon with videos and tutorials for free - I am working on a youtube video that shows in great detail how to construct a sulfuric acid stripping cell, how to clean it out and recover the gold powder, and how to refine the black gold powder into pure gold - step by step.

I feel success is measured in how many people I was able to help during my life, rather than how much wealth I was able to gain for myself, a character flaw of mine.

kadriver

cheaptrix, if you look at certain members signature line, including my own, you will see links to Hokes book as well as other helpful links that every new member should visit. They are #1-#5 at the bottom of this post. Hope this helps!

I bought a nice hardbound copy of "Refining Precious Metal Wastes" by C.M. Hoke from Guerschwin for about $74 including shipping;

http://www.gesswein.com/search.aspx?SearchTerm=c.m.+hoke

I also downloaded the PDF available here on the forum and printed it out, put it in a binder, and keep that near my work at the shop for reference.

One page of the PDF file is missing, so I made a copy of the missing page from my hardcover book and added it to the PDF

I keep the nice new copy from Guerschwin away from my shop so it won't get damaged.

kadriver

Less than 10% of new members bothers themselves to read this thread - which is like explanation of everything in here, most of them skip that as they do feel that their issues are more important when half of their questions can be answered just by reading this:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=796

:arrow: Welcome to all Newbies.

To the OP - if I do have small bit of Nitric in AR I want to eliminate I do heat it a little bit and put in small piece of refined pure gold. I do keep track of weight and then re weight it again when removing it out. That works when you do have only small amount of nitric there.

patnor1011 said:
Less than 10% of new members bothers themselves to read this thread - which is like explanation of everything in here, most of them skip that as they do feel that their issues are more important when half of their questions can be answered just by reading this:
http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=796

:arrow: Welcome to all Newbies.

To the OP - if I do have small bit of Nitric in AR I want to eliminate I do heat it a little bit and put in small piece of refined pure gold. I do keep track of weight and then re weight it again when removing it out. That works when you do have only small amount of nitric there.

Harold is refreshing after dealing with other sites, I found infomation to see i'll have enough boards and things to do some of the processes, can build or have a lot of the equipment . Thanks to all of you who share infomation , and have a common view on safety.

Latest posts

Back