epic fail!!! what do I do now???

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
butcher said:
My wife who does not even know where the dip stick is in an engine bought an old broken down car, the transmission slips and will not go into gear she does not know if it is an automatic or standard, none of the electrical works, and wiring harnesses are burnt up, the engine is frozen.

She paid a lot of money for this car, and wishes to drive it tomorrow to get to work 30 miles one way, 60miles a day, she has no mechanical skills, or skill in troubleshooting or repairing electrical problems.
but if you can help me by telling me how to fix her car, I can relay the info so she could learn to get the job done.

Can you please help me to tell her how to fix her car and keep it running.
She really needs a dependable vehicle NOW.

Surely you can give me the instructions I need. so she can fix this small problem.

Epic failure!!! What do I do now???

Just need a little help, can you tell me how she can fix this problem, and learn to keep the car running with any more problems that will come along with this vehicle in the future?

Oh hey that is simple.

Go to the front of the car. Pop the hood where the engine is. Take the radiator cap off off of the radiator (that's the big black thing you can see through the front grill). Lift it up and have a couple of friend's push the car backwards out of the way after the transmission has been put in neutral (that would be the letter "N" in the small window where it says "PRND2L"). Now have another running car ready out of the way, and you keep standing there with the radiator cap, have one your friends drive that 2nd car under the radiator cap and put it on the radiator of the 2nd car and she is ready to go. :p

butcher said:
My wife who does not even know where the dip stick for checking the oil is in an engine.

. . .

Just need a little help, can you tell me how she can fix this problem, and learn to keep the car running with any more problems that will come along with this vehicle in the future?

This also gave me a good laugh! One modification, do it without a camera phone!

Barren Realms 007 said:
Oh hey that is simple.

Go to the front of the car. Pop the hood where the engine is. Take the radiator cap off off of the radiator (that's the big black thing you can see through the front grill). Lift it up and have a couple of friend's push the car backwards out of the way after the transmission has been put in neutral (that would be the letter "N" in the small window where it says "PRND2L"). Now have another running car ready out of the way, and you keep standing there with the radiator cap, have one your friends drive that 2nd car under the radiator cap and put it on the radiator of the 2nd car and she is ready to go. :p

Barren,

Man, I was gonna try this with my car, but I don't think it will work! My car doesn't have the PRND2L, it has PRND23, must be a different model. So I asked some guy on youtube with a video for changing radiator caps between cars and he said that my car needs an adapter because it is PRND23. Says my model is older than the ones you guys tried it on. So, I went to buy some magnetic gold drops that need to be on the engine when you're doing this changeover. $80 bucks a pair on ebay!! This guy will sell them to me for $60/pair. PHEW! Saved some bucks by going to youtube!! And you know what? They worked!

AndyWilliams said:
Barren Realms 007 said:
Oh hey that is simple.

Barren,

Man, I was gonna try this with my car, but I don't think it will work! My car doesn't have the PRND2L, it has PRND23, must be a different model. So I asked some guy on youtube with a video for changing radiator caps between cars and he said that my car needs an adapter because it is PRND23. Says my model is older than the ones you guys tried it on. So, I went to buy some magnetic gold drops that need to be on the engine when you're doing this changeover. $80 bucks a pair on ebay!! This guy will sell them to me for $60/pair. PHEW! Saved some bucks by going to youtube!! And you know what? They worked!

Cool you got a deal then. I paid $100 a couple of years ago on one I had.

butcher said:
My wife who does not even know where the dip stick for checking the oil is in an engine.

She bought an old broken down car, the previous owner said transmission slips and will not go into gear, she does not know if it is an automatic or standard transmission, none of the electrical works, the battery is new, and some of the wiring harnesses are burnt up, the engine is frozen.

She paid a lot of money for this car, and wishes to learn to fix it, to be able to drive it tomorrow, she needs the vehicle to get to work 30 miles one way, 60miles a day.

She has no mechanical skills, or skill in troubleshooting or repairing electrical problems.
But she can follow instructions, and is a fast learner if you can provide the information with pictures, as she is a hands on learner, and needs to see the process being done, so if you can walk her through the process she may be able to do it.

If you can help me by telling me how to fix her car, I can relay the info, so she could learn to get the job done as soon as possible, she does not have time to go to school to learn these skills, and does not have the money or desire to send the car to a mechanic.

Can you please help me to tell her how to fix her car and keep it running.
She really needs a dependable vehicle NOW.

Surely you can give me the instructions I need. so she can fix this small problem.

Epic failure!!! What do I do now???

LOL................
Butcher you have a spectacular way of comparing complicated technical things in life &................. mixing in humour with it akin to chemistry.
I do my own mechanical work as im sure many of us do & it just tickles me to read this stuff after what ive had to replace & fix in autos over the decades myself. 8)

Dave

Sure glad I don't get asked to answer tough questions like fixing the car...
Butcher...the cars need to be the same color for that to work...Duh...

Cereally though...

Show of hands on how many of us "newbies" thought there was an easy way of getting tons of gold from ...anything? Myself included.

bert_b...all these fine gentleman...yes...gentleman... have all been more then nice and polite in trying to give you the "right" answers to your "simple questions.
How to get the gold...?

Those gold Globs sold on ebay are not worth the effort. How much gold is definitely there should be your question to the sellers of these Globs.

Don't take the word of strangers on a gold forum that have combined Centuries of experience, knowledge and wisdon willing to freely share to keep this fine art alive.

Go back to Youtubgonnahurtya and watch until your eyes bleed hoping to find the simple and quick answers you seek. And go find these Glob sellers and ask them exactly how much gold you Will get out of them...See what kind of answers you get there...

Kind of like wishing in 1 hand and peeing into the other n seeing which fills faster...

Good luck and hopefully no one will get hurt on your friend's quest for riches...

B.S.
... PS. don't PM me and not expect me to post here...Cause I will...

Hi Friends!
You woulden't have to do all those repairs if you learned the "don't evers" of car ownership.
(1) If a person cuts an artery and thinks they are dying then wakes up in a hospital bed, Post tramatic stree syndrom! They are never the same mentally! Your car's computer is the same way. When you take the oilpan plug out the car thinks it's bleeding to death. It doesen't know that you're going to put new oil back in. PTSS never runs right again. Just keep driving it and adding oil and eventually it will leak enough oil so that every 3000 miles it's getting and oil change without knowing it. Don't ever chang the oil!
(2) If you took your new baby spreyed it with a hose and held him out your car windo soaking wet and drove down the road 55mph he would get chilled,a cold or pnumonia and be messed up for a long time. Why do people do that with their cars and then expect them to run well?
Don't ever wash your car!
(3) A system is in ballence Like the "yin and yang"thing. When you open your hood at night and see all those little sparks jumping around from plug wire to plug wire or valve cover, things have taken 40,000miles to reach that state of ballence. Then people go start tuning-up, changing wires etc... and everything get screwed up and it never runs the same. leave good enough alone!
Don't ever tune up you car!
Ha Ha!
artart47

butcher, i sent you a email, it has 24,281 photos. no text or instructions. just numbered photos
please forward this to your wife.

i hope the car is the same colour as the one in the pictures, not to cause any confusion.

P.S.
a friend of mine has trouble on GRF trying to get the spell checker to work in "Canadian English", using google chrome on a windows box (win 7)
can you ask your wife as soon as she is done fixing the car (tomorrow) if she can ask one of her friends to help me out.

thanks !!

:) :) :) :) :)

Recovery and refining is something that takes time to learn, these are skills just like learning to troubleshoot and fix vehicles.
Where we need to educate ourselves, and then practice what we learn to improve our skills.
There are dangers involved, where you can hurt yourself, or others if you do not know what you are doing.
Where you need to understand the principles, chemistry, and physics involved, where you need to understand enough chemistry not to harm yourself or others, and be responsible enough to learn how to treat the toxic solutions involved.

I was joking to make a point, but recovery and refining is no joke, it is serious business and should be taken seriously, any one wishing to learn these skills will need to be of the mindset that they will have a lot of study to do, and it will take a lot of work to gain the skills needed.

The forum can, and does help anyone wishing to learn, The forum is a huge database of information, members are willing to help anyone with their study or where they run upon a particular problem, or share ideas. but just like learning to become a good mechanic, you can not learn it from asking a questions and getting many answers to your post. we may be able to walk you through changing the oil on your truck, but if you want to rebuild the truck you will need to study, with study and you run into a road block with the repair, a member can be helpful at that point.

My wife just needs to see she overpaid for that junk car, either learn her lesson, or hire a mechanic, or take the years it takes to learn the skills needed to fix the car and put her nose to the grindstone.

I just told her to put a quarter in the car, and roll it off the side of the mountain, then she can say she lost something, and paid for a good education.

Butcher, great response! However, if your wife does get the car running, I would hope she knows how to drive. Running red lights, driving down the wrong lane (kinda like they do in England - no disrespect to our English friends meant), speeding and heaven only know how many other improper ways to unsafely operate the car are just as bad or perhaps worse. At least in a car that's not running she would be less likely to kill herself or those around her. Give your wife my best wishes for putting up with you.

Bert S. - The other Bert

She seen a you tube video on how to replace brakes, and wants to open shop, after she finds the tools she may need.

she just needs to know which spring goes on which side of the brake pad, and wonders why one pad is larger than the other one, does it matter which side of the care she puts it on, guessing the brake peddle is on the left the right side needed bigger pads, but for some reason she cannot get the drum back on that side, is there a trick they did not show in the video?

butcher said:
She seen a you tube video on how to replace brakes, and wants to open shop, after she finds the tools she may need.

she just needs to know which spring goes on which side of the brake pad, and wonders why one pad is larger than the other one, does it matter which side of the care she puts it on, guessing the brake peddle is on the left the right side needed bigger pads, but for some reason she cannot get the drum back on that side, is there a trick they did not show in the video?

It's starting to sound more like military intelligence at work here. :lol:

butcher, i thought that was a story you made up off the top of your head..........

in any case your more then welcome to borrow any of my tools, any time !!

I wonder if any of those tools I could incorporate into my semi truck and trailer plating cell. Anyone have an Olympic size pool available?

Latest posts

Back